Main Menu

Dear Carl...

Started by bluntmaster, Apr 30, 2008, 12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluntmaster

Yo Dude,
  I'll keep this short and sweet, hope you get a chance to read it.  well I feel pretty guilty this one time at this show I was at you were totally rocking balls off and I was right there jammin' with you the entire night, you guys were ripping.  you guys were connected to the crowd like no other.  as you all were peacing you were happy then I pointed at Jim and was like fuck yeah you rock.  you got sad and walked off the stage, I think it was my fault and I'm sorry dude.  after re-watching okonokos it became obvious how much face you melt and how you really don't get the respect you deserve.  so carl this one's for you rock lord, tear that shit up man, your tone is nasty good.  sorry if I made you sad once and I hope I turned that frown upside down.

love,
bluntmaster

Angry Ewok

Carl is an excellent musician. Nice guy, too. I hope you didn't really make him sad at a show... if you did, that'll probably be something you'll have to address with Peter, or God, or whoever, at the Pearly Gates.

;)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Jon T.

A good man and a good bowler.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Carl is one fine human bein'.  I don't think you made him sad, maybe he had to pee?  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

bluntmaster

QuoteCarl is one fine human bein'.  I don't think you made him sad, maybe he had to pee?  ;)

either way the man is truly a bad ass with an insane amount of talent.   carl's a pimp

evilPaauwe

Dear Carl.

You need to sing more. Your hair is awesome. You should sing a solo song of yours at a show sometime. The crowd would FLIP.  The Ferris Wheel Song is beautiful.  Play it when you go to germany.     Cheers.
cheers.

TEO

Dear Carl:

You are totally awesome and need to wear some IU shit on stage at least once before you retire.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Dorothy_Mantooth

carl = baller 3000. he's def on my dodgeball team.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

weeniebeenie

QuoteDear Carl.

You need to sing more. Your hair is awesome. You should sing a solo song of yours at a show sometime. The crowd would FLIP.  The Ferris Wheel Song is beautiful.  Play it when you go to germany.     Cheers.
Oh man, I love Ferris Wheel Song. Carl is awesome. :) :) :)
How loud can silence get?

sweatboard

my contribution to this thread is.....I once stood on Carl's side of the stage directly under him at the 40 Watt and I'll never forget it.  He started playing GOLDEN on the steel and his eyes rolled into the back of his head....and then mine did!!!!

I almost didn't want to post that because I don't want to have to fight for my spot next time.  :)
There's Still Time.........

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

sweatboard

Ha, I can't get over this one......

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=mYuXPRjErCg

If you haven't seen it (wait for the second cat)  :)

tenn

QuoteHa, I can't get over this one......

Did I just get served?

vespachick

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!
HHhaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhah!!!
wtf?

SOOOOO
Great.
Thanks.

sweatboard

Did I just get served?

twice!!!.........In one evening.

It's ON!

fitzcarraldo

shot
;D

sweatboard

Hey, I don't think I told you this.  I was getting my brains blown out by Sonic Youth the other night in Nashville, and who did I run into but Kevin R. from Wax Fang.  He informed me they were playing the next night at the Mercy Lounge...We danced to 100%...Well, he air drummed and I did my "pointer sisters dance" (that's where I pump both of my pointy fingers in the air alternately)...It's the new craze.

AB and I got treated to a strong dose of Wax Fang the next night.  GOOD LORD!!!!!  That was a facefull of Rock.  One of my favorite Wax Fang shows ever, I lost control when they started playing "Thunderstruck" in the middle of "Sweet Bloody Murder"  

vespachick

I wish I'd worn a sweater. >:(

fitzcarraldo

sweet! sounds like a TIME!  :D

tenn

QuoteI wish I'd worn a sweater. >:(

Umm Me too. And my thinking cap (scratches head)

picture me confused