Main Menu

desk flair

Started by Spider_Beard, Nov 08, 2005, 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden_Shores

Quote(cracks knuckles)

Let's see if I can get this right.  We're being compared to PJ fans....because the obvious was pointed out?  Sorry, no sale.

I like that "cracks knuckles" part.  As though I was trying to send you to the burn unit of the trauma center.  Hey tough guy, it was a joke.  Believe me, if I really wanted to, I could sell you a used tampon.  
Sometimes I wear pants.

Spider_Beard

Quotei don't have a bit..my supervisor next to me has about 50 stuffed animals and a bunch of fake plants/flowers...when people that don't work here walk by they sometimes make a comment about how empty my cubicle is compared to hers...i just  force a tiny smile, shrug, and mentally flip them off and think about songs that i like and they walk off and i resume what i'm doing then at night i track down the people making the comments and watch them eat donuts until they slumber and if i'm really feeling crazy i walk home
your cube is adjacent  to your supervisor's cube  :o

LennytheTent

yes..i can't even find the privacy to tease my nipples when i severely need to  :-[
Marge: Do you ever wonder why nobody likes you?
Artie Ziff: Anti-semitism?

Spider_Beard

yes..i can't even find the privacy to tease my nipples when i severely need to  :-[
how are you on the internet all the time? do they not care down there, people are just glad you're employed?

Half

seriously- the CEO of my company shares a cube wall with me.  i feel like Bond some days
but i done went and plum forgot it

Spider_Beard

seriously- the CEO of my company shares a cube wall with me.  i feel like Bond some days
our VP doesn't say shit when i'm on the net, but he busts me i i'm reading the paper  ???

LennytheTent

how are you on the internet all the time? do they not care down there, people are just glad you're employed?

she honestly thinks i'm just checking my work email i think..because everytime i'm about to start something or i'm in between stuff with nothing to do she'll make some comment about "going ahead and checking your mail, it's no rush" (and i NEVER get work emails so i dunno why she even thinks i spend that much time on it)...and there have been days that i've literally done 30 minutes or less of work, especially in the summer when i'm there about 9.5 hours a day/4days a week...i just wonder what she thinks i'm doing, or if she even thinks about it at all
Marge: Do you ever wonder why nobody likes you?
Artie Ziff: Anti-semitism?

SMc55

yeah- like i give a shit how your daughter's cross-country meet went :-/

But it's not about what other people think, it's about making a space your own and feeling comfortable in it. I have a picture of my kids on my desk and when I get tired or grumpy they remind me why I'm working. I also have a picture of an angler holding a big fish with the motto "Seize the carp" below it. Nobody but me thinks that's funny but I don't care.

Spider_Beard

i killed a carp with an oar once  :(

HorkoLad

In the land of decisions, only Bink can prevent forest fires :|
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

ms. yvon

Quoteit's about making a space your own and feeling comfortable in it. quote]
this is why i have a bean bag and foot massager next to my desk.

real stuff:  some great pix that make me think of not being at work, a photo of the beer samper i had at the fair last summer, a jonathan richman postcard, a bumper sticker from vintage vinyl in st. louis.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

MikeHawk

seize the carp...i think thats funnny. john conway must be the most inteligent sox fan ive never met.

how do i join that fishing brigade? cubs fans not allowed?

will i vere bee a senior member?