Main Menu

desk flair

Started by Spider_Beard, Nov 08, 2005, 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider_Beard

people like their "desk flair" - maybe it makes them feel more at home, at work. what kind of "desk flair" do you or your co-workers have?

Half

i seriously have zero desk flair.  i'm THAT guy
but i done went and plum forgot it

Spider_Beard

Quotei seriously have zero desk flair.  i'm THAT guy
i don't have a desk now, but when i did - NO desk flair.

Half

i don't have a desk now, but when i did - NO desk flair.

i mean ZERO.  not a stitch.  i don't want Frank the shipping manager to even attempt a compliment on my GF or family or pet or steelers calendar....  ya dig?

Spider_Beard

i mean ZERO.  not a stitch.  i don't want Frank the shipping manager to even attempt a compliment on my GF or family or pet or steelers calendar....  ya dig?
there are PLENTY of people here that i avoid as it is. the last thing i need is a reason for them to stop at my desk and try to chat me up about where i got "that little turtle statue" or if i knew "where that postcard was taken."

Half

there are PLENTY of people here that i avoid as it is. the last thing i need is a reason for them to stop at my desk and try to chat me up about where i got "that little turtle statue" or if i knew "where that postcard was taken."

yeah- like i give a shit how your daughter's cross-country meet went :-/

peanut butter puddin surprise

so, instead of that you post on a message board?  isn't that the exact same thing?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Spider_Beard

yeah- like i give a shit how your daughter's cross-country meet went :-/
this one guy asks me every day what time i get off, and i always have the same answer, because i'm always here til the same time. i don't know what you're doing until 5, but i got work to do pal!

Half

this one guy asks me every day what time i get off, and i always have the same answer, because i'm always here til the same time. i don't know what you're doing until 5, but i got work to do pal!

so.........heh.......what time do you get off?

Half

Quoteso, instead of that you post on a message board?  isn't that the exact same thing?

because in my mind, spider_beard, has DDs.  ya dig?

no.

I found it hilarious that you guys bitch about coworkers talking to you at your desk, but post messages on a message board that pretty much reflect the exact same banality.  Tit for tat.

Half

Quoteno.

I found it hilarious that you guys bitch about coworkers talking to you at your desk, but post messages on a message board that pretty much reflect the exact same banality.  Tit for tat.

is it "hilarious?"  do you laugh out loud at it and kinda tear up?  is it SO funny that you share these stories with friends and family at the supper table and everyone gets a good chuckle out of it?  banality- nice word power, nerd

is it "hilarious?"  do you laugh out loud at it and kinda tear up?  is it SO funny that you share these stories with friends and family at the supper table and everyone gets a good chuckle out of it?  banality- nice word power, nerd

Yes.

And your ubiqitous, generic yet stylized reply is also full of jocularity.  I am guffawing at the very intrinsic value of your mastery of the English language.  

Alligator Gar

Quotei seriously have zero desk flair.  i'm THAT guy

We'll get along fine.

Golden_Shores

Wow.  And I thought just Pearl Jam fans were dicks.  Why don't you all knock it off and give each other a little love?

I have Kinder Egg toys and White House contraband on my desk.
Sometimes I wear pants.

(cracks knuckles)

Let's see if I can get this right.  We're being compared to PJ fans....because the obvious was pointed out?  Sorry, no sale.

Half

Yes.

And your ubiqitous, generic yet stylized reply is also full of jocularity.  I am guffawing at the very intrinsic value of your mastery of the English language.  

i'd need to get stuffed into about 38 more lockers to understand a word of that :-/

I'll take that as a compliment.  ;)

Spider_Beard

i'm on the internet with johnconaway  :)

LennytheTent

i don't have a bit..my supervisor next to me has about 50 stuffed animals and a bunch of fake plants/flowers...when people that don't work here walk by they sometimes make a comment about how empty my cubicle is compared to hers...i just  force a tiny smile, shrug, and mentally flip them off and think about songs that i like and they walk off and i resume what i'm doing then at night i track down the people making the comments and watch them eat donuts until they slumber and if i'm really feeling crazy i walk home
Marge: Do you ever wonder why nobody likes you?
Artie Ziff: Anti-semitism?