Main Menu

The Office

Started by Clarkwork, Dec 02, 2005, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

Anyone else love this show?  The american version that is.  If you haven't watched it give it episodes before you decide if you like it or not.  I really enjoy it, but I work in an office all day and can relate.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

SMc55

Don't know this version but I love the English one.

Tree

i know the german version "Stromberg"
it is (was) one of my favorite shows!

cmccubbin25

the American version is great...you have to love Steve Correll (sp?)...the Daily Show direly misses him!!!

speaking of that...the White Stripes were awesome last nite!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

wordlesschorus

the American version is good, but would be hilarious if not compared to its British counterpart.  IMO, the British one is just a bit funnier, not because it came out first, but just because Ricky Gervais is a downright  comic genius! But Dwight Schrute of the American version is also funny hehe..and the fat guy..gotta love that dude..."Sweep the leg!"

Coltrane

The British version is in a league by itself. The writing, directing, and acting are all superior. So, I can't even watch the American version. There's just no tenderness or melancholy mixed in with the funny. 'Tis a shame.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

DD

the american one is a big fat stinking turd compared to the british version.  even with steve.

if you like the american version do yourself a favor and go rent the british version box set.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quotethe american one is a big fat stinking turd compared to the british version.  even with steve.

if you like the american version do yourself a favor and go rent the british version box set.

that's hilarious.  i spewed phlegm out of my nose laughing at this post.....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Jaimoe

Quotethe american one is a big fat stinking turd compared to the british version.  even with steve.

Rent it? Go out and buy the mofo as soon as possible.

cmccubbin25

oh you Brits...you do everything first and better, right?

Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.

SMc55

oh you Brits...you do everything first and better, right?

I don't think DD is British.

Clarkwork

I think it's funny everybody who likes the British version or says the american one is awful compared to it.  Don't compare it to the british version.  Compare it to the other crap that is on american TV and realize it is about the best comedy we have.  

I bought the british version and liked it, but I don't compare it to the american version.  

Just give it a shot, and be happy that a major network has it on instead of showing another episode of "Joey"
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

SMc55

I agree. It's like seeing a film when you've read the book or vice versa. As long as you think of them as two separate things you're less likely to be disappointed. I think The Office is the very best of British comedy. Most British comedy is rubbish. I haven't seen the US version but I do think US comedy is generally better than ours.

Jaimoe

It's just that if you've seen the English version first, it makes it almost impossible to watch the US version and be objective.

Coltrane

it's true. I'm not British either. And I saw the Brit one first. And I've tried to give the U.S. on a chance, but it's simply not funny. In fact, I think if I hadn't seen the British one I'd still think it wasn't funny.

Not much on T.V. is funny anymore. Except for Wonder Showzen. That shit is funny.

And of course Tickle Time is so funny it will make you shit for days.

case closed.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!