Pancakes vs. Waffles

Started by johnconaway, Jan 19, 2006, 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

Now this thread begs the question...Waffle House, Huddle House, or IHOP?

I've gotta go with the southern specialty: waffle house.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

QuoteDefinitely IHOP.

You just said that because they put crack in the pancakes...FREE crack:)

Form91225

Waffle House for waffles, IHOP for 'cakes....

"You brought yo bitch to the waffle hut?"

EC

I choose Pancake Palace in Nashville.  This may be because I was with a boy who went by the name "Ass" and he asked for extra (extra!) grits.  Plus, they had banana pancakes, which, if they're not banana waffles, are my favourite.

Who's been to Pancake Palace aside from me and hellaciousc?  Tom?  Tracy?  (Corey, did you go ever?)  

Also, I forgot to talk about sausage.  A pancake/waffle breakfast is incomplete without sausages.  Or maple syrup, and I do NOT mean Aunt Jemima.

ratsprayer

you have to dip your sausage in the syrup, and then we're talking.

primushead

Quoteyou have to dip your sausage in the syrup, and then we're talking.

links or patties?

ratsprayer

links or patties?

either one, really.

primushead

either one, really.

Come on.  There can't be any fence sitting when it comes to sausage.

ratsprayer

Come on.  There can't be any fence sitting when it comes to sausage.

links, you pressuring bastard.   ;)

tomEisenbraun

I definitely go for the patties. For some reason they are fuhrickkin awesome to me...

And Meg, I have been to pancake pantry, but not with anyone named Ass. They were darn good though, but nowhere near good enough to be such a damned ridiculous tourist attraction. I mean, it is damn good, but two hour wait for damn breakfast? It beats the whole point.

Travis Tritt sighting my ass...they hype that place up so much in the papers. Gotta say, it can't be bad for bidness though.

By the way, IHOP has some kickass as hell chocolate milk.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

links, you pressuring bastard.   ;)

links?  you would say that.  Sausage sucks anyway :)

ratsprayer

links?  you would say that.  Sausage sucks anyway :)

its my preferred carcinogenic meat.   ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

I personally prefer bacon.....

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteI definitely go for the patties. For some reason they are fuhrickkin awesome to me...

And Meg, I have been to pancake pantry, but not with anyone named Ass. They were darn good though, but nowhere near good enough to be such a damned ridiculous tourist attraction. I mean, it is damn good, but two hour wait for damn breakfast? It beats the whole point.

Travis Tritt sighting my ass...they hype that place up so much in the papers. Gotta say, it can't be bad for bidness though.

By the way, IHOP has some kickass as hell chocolate milk.

Are you sure we're talking about the same place?  Is there a palace and a pantry?  hmmm...  hmmmmmm...  damn.  Travis Tritt sighting, eh?  You mean they don't have an autographed picture of Ass on their wall?

I'm a links girl, myself.  Not a big fan of the patty.  And ratsprayer, there is defiitely syrup on my sausage.  Fo sho.

And johnconAway, le bacon, c'est bon!

(I've been all, "why does he got that big A in there?  is he being gangsta?  is it an inflection thing?  and then i realized that people call you conway so much, now they'll know fo sho, yo.)

that's exactly why.  I've had a lifetime of people mispronouncing my name.  no one else would tolerate a vowel being left out of their name-why should I?  ;)

EC

Quotethat's exactly why.  I've had a lifetime of people mispronouncing my name.  no one else would tolerate a vowel being left out of their name-why should I?  ;)

I understand.  People do the opposite for me, and stick a vowel in my first name.  

stinkin' bastards.  ;)  

meag
meeg
meig
meog
meug
meyg?

really??

EC

They've never done Meug before, but now I want everyone to do that.  Meug.  It's like swedish.  Meug.  In Japan, my name is pronounced ma-gen (no emphasis on either syllable, they're equally weighted).  Actually, here's my name in japanese (as told to me by my friend Yumiko who is really wicked)

ma-gen ah-na ha-mi-la-ton nin-ja  

Okay, holy hell I can't believe I'm still laughing at that.  I am retarded.  That's a joke from Christmas, and I'm still finding it...nevermind.

Anyhow, John Con[size=10]A[/size]way, it's "Meag", thereby pronouncing it "meeg".  It doesn't help that one of my best friends is a "meeg".  

LOL.  

actually, I thought you went more by "meghan" than anything else...am I wrong?  8)