WOXY.com goes to paid service...

Started by johnconaway, Feb 17, 2006, 03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

hmmmm.....you can pay 10 bucks a month, or stick with the 23k free streams that sound like they're being played over a Playskool turntable and amplified through a straw.  I'm pissed...but I knew it would happen.

Sigh.  It was like the greatest radio station ever!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

seems that everything end s up that way--pay or go play somewhere else... >:(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ratsprayer

i read it a few days ago, but did you read their explanation for it?  the station should have never had to cease being a "real" radio station if clear channel and such didnt have their way.  it's lucky it got rescued to become the station it is today.  i live in the listening area of the station (well back in the day).  its been around forever and has helped many bands, local and otherwise.  it went off the air completely for months and it was doomed to never play another song.  it was pure listening support that got it back up and running, albeit, an internet only station.  abandoning a station like this will only add fire to the flame.  if you have a good station, support.  just because regular radio in your car is free, dont shit on WOXY because the quality of the music isnt even close.  im not trying to preach here, i dont actually listen to it enough any more to justify paying $10, but if i still did, i would be paying.  when i can actually allot enough time during a month to listen, they'll get my money.  for the time being, ill take the low quality stream and be happy the station is still around.

fitzcarraldo

http://www.radio-indie-pop.com/radio.html

Free!  Awesome format, and they LOVE MMJ!  :) OK this time?

EC

Quotehttp://www.radio-indie-pop.com/radio.html

Free!  Awesome format, and they LOVE MMJ!  :) OK this time?

I'll say!  We were on indie pop rocks forever at work, and this is a niiiiice change.  plus, the album of the month feature is very cool.  thanks, murph.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quotei read it a few days ago, but did you read their explanation for it?  the station should have never had to cease being a "real" radio station if clear channel and such didnt have their way.  it's lucky it got rescued to become the station it is today.  i live in the listening area of the station (well back in the day).  its been around forever and has helped many bands, local and otherwise.  it went off the air completely for months and it was doomed to never play another song.  it was pure listening support that got it back up and running, albeit, an internet only station.  abandoning a station like this will only add fire to the flame.  if you have a good station, support.  just because regular radio in your car is free, dont shit on WOXY because the quality of the music isnt even close.  im not trying to preach here, i dont actually listen to it enough any more to justify paying $10, but if i still did, i would be paying.  when i can actually allot enough time during a month to listen, they'll get my money.  for the time being, ill take the low quality stream and be happy the station is still around.

hey, it's all good.  personally, if i were in a position to do so, i'd be paying the $10/month.

I'm also wondering why they don't do more web advertising.  You'd think that would help, eh?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ratsprayer

yeah woxy is well established enough that i think some web adverts wouldnt hurt anything at all.  as vital as its been to this area, i bet more word of mouth around here, and the cincy area alone could do enough to keep it going for a while.