guitar question

Started by olwiggum, Feb 22, 2006, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

So I'm borrowing a friend's guitar. I'm clipping off the old strings to get ready to re-string it. One of the strings seems to be jammed in the bridge. I've tried poking a thin screwdriver down in there to force it out the back. That didn't work. Will it hurt it if I spray some WD-40 on the bridge?

MMJ_fanatic

I would go with that Fast Fret spray as that is made to lubricate too whereas WD 40 has petroleum distillates in it and who knows how it will reacte with the finish on the axe...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

I had that problem when I took the old strings off this new one, too.  I think I just kept fiddling and it eventually worked.  :-/

Not very helpful, I do realize.  Damn, I hate when you just want to get the damn thing restrung and get playing, and you can't do it.  Did you eventually get it?

tomEisenbraun

what kind of guitar is it?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

DD

you can usually knock them out with a toothpick or something similar.  
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

corey

I put a dab of WD40 in the hole, tapped it a time or two with that little screwdriver and it popped right out.

tomEisenbraun

or what i've always done at the shop is just to take a real skinny allen wrench and put it into the whole and just push and it oughtta pop it out.

it's probably the high e or b string, right?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

corey

It was actually the G.

EC

QuoteIt was actually the G.

That blasted G string.  Always causing troubles and getting stuck.

;)

(me and ratsprayer are both trying to win the headlining title.)

ratsprayer

it took me a few seconds to get what you meant, but im onboard now.  

what happened to your post count, meg?