Main Menu

Yer Stuff

Started by EC, Feb 27, 2006, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree

Quoteand the soundtrack to about a boy with badly drawn boy even though it's offically a soundtrack...
i have got the about a boy ost with badly drawn boy, too. because all songs were written/performed by damon gough. same with the man on the moon ost...

ali

i never used to have an organising system, the newest cd just went in the next hole in the rack. but then i got too many to fit in the rack... so all descended into chaos there for a while, and it took me FOREVER to find anything. and if you missed finding that particular album the first time searching, you'd have to go through them all again... so frustrating!!

so.. i tried sorting them all, which has kind of worked. i think it's an ali-system, as it's not all the same. mostly i grouped all the albums by one artist together (in chronological order of albums for each artist), then grouped the artists together by nationality (ie sigur ros/mum/emiliana torrini are together, so are manics/super furry animals/gruff rhys/gorky's zygotic mynki etc etc). where i had a few that system didn't work with, i grouped them in musical genre - soundtracks, dancy-type albums i don't listen to much... billy joel albums i wish i'd never bought... seems to work so far. singles are in a drawer by themselves. there are a couple of exceptions - einsterzende neubaten are with nick cave & the bad seeds in the "oz" section...
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ratsprayer

ali, you are officially my hero.  einstürzende neubauten and gorky's zygotic mynci mentioned in the same post!  plus, you're one of the few here to ever mention super furry animals and the manics.  even though many probably don't know those first two bands, you rock!   ;D

EC

I realized today that I lied.  My Christmas cds are all together.

No....wait.  Nope.  Some of them are still in the bathroom from Christmas.

Yep.  I'm mess-sey.

ali

aw thanks rats!!  i don't know hardly anyone else who likes or even knows e/n, sfa or gzm (i thought mynki looked funny, couldn't quite work out where i'd spelled it wrong though  ;))

so it's nice to finally meet someone else who does!!!  ;D

that post made my day   :)
love a song for the way it makes you feel