I don't want to take sides here.

Started by FarmerYoda, Feb 08, 2006, 08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr V Ulva

I do apologise  :-[  Vulvas is the Greek island I visited last fall.

ben grimm

Dild-i thats hilarious.

Do you guys know the candy bar "twix"? It has two fingers of biscuit stuff, but they also do a single finger version for lunch boxes. When I was a kid I would argue like mad that the single one should be called a "twick" not a "twix". Drove my mother nuts.

marktwain

Biscuits:
  OR  

??????????????????????????????

What do non-yanks call yank biscuits?

ben grimm

Not sure what a yank biscuit is, is it like soggy biscuit?  ;)

marktwain

To me, a biscuit is something you smother with sausage gravy.  It sits next to a fried egg or some fried chicken on my plate, when I'm lucky.

marktwain

Then again, there are the Gorilla Biscuits.  Who remembers them?

EC

we call them buns, or rolls or scones.

Or, actually, if you mean southern biscuits, we call those biscuits.  Or, I do.  And my Grandma did.  She used to make them every day.

She also used to make two entire pies every day.  And worked on the farm.  And drove an hour and back to school every day to get her masters.  

She was quite an astonishing person.  :)

But yeah.  Mmm biscuits.  You see, Corey?  Now all I can think about is the Hollywood Inn.  :)  I want that damn macaroni and cheese and meatloaf.  mmmmm...

ben grimm

aha, they used to sell them at KFC, "American Biscuits" but they stopped now. To me a biscuit is sweet, I should have known what you meant really, my Mrs is American.
"Sausage gravy" sounds like the result of a game of soggy biscuit though.  ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

..."let's have a ball and a biscuit, sugar....and take our sweet little time..." :D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

corey

I've never been a big gravy fan. I think I was afraid of how it looked, but I had some DAMN FINE gravy a couple of weeks ago. Now it's all I want to eat.

Meg, I think we've only been back to Hollywood Inn once since you were here. We really need to go there more often.

ali

in australia biscuits are strictly NON-GRAVY! lots of chocolate/sugar etc involved, but never ever gravy.... even with scones (jam-yes, cream-yes, but gravy???)

my vote for the the best biscuit goes to....

hmmmm chocolate  ;D
love a song for the way it makes you feel

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

HorkoLad

QuoteI always thought Horko wasn't wearing pants. He had that head shot in his Michigan helmet, but I got the feeling he wasn't wearing pants.

Made me real nervous. Like, whenever I saw his avitar, I had to sort of check behind me, make sure no one one standing behind me...

And I didn't think he was funny.

Besides all that, the fact that I didn't think he was wearing pants (ever), he made me feel nervous, didn't think he was funny, after all that, I'd have to say I thought the guy was a real dick.

Plus, I thought he was a real dick.

P.S. I fucked your mother with that dick  ;)
[img][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/JeffoC6/cracknow.jpg[/url][/img]

Hork'sADork

Shady's back huh.

:-/

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

FarmerYoda

P.S. I fucked your mother with that dick  ;)

hahahahahahaha.

Alligator Gar

QuoteNow, I don't want to take sides or anything but remember how a lot of you were talking about banning the "clique" if you will?  Now, have you noticed how most of them have gone away?

Of course, I'm referring to Horko, Half, Alligator Gar, Waxy etc.

...Now, have you also noticed how much lamer this forum has gotten? Theres nothing to laugh about. Theres no more "rambling".

Just a simple observation.

I don't want to start a jumble (...or maybe I do)