Jacket's about to hit it big

Started by Grudge, Apr 23, 2008, 01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

I think this is the year that Jacket hits it big and we lose them as the band that only we, the hardcore fans that discovered them before 2008 know about.

The timing, no other significant American artist, and most of all their amazing music all lead to MMJ becoming the next great American band.  

But I'm glad. We really need a great band right now!!!

Music has sucked for too long and we need a great band to pull us out of the musical rut we've been in for too many years.

Here's to you MMJ, enjoy the success you're about to achieve and here's to many more years of great music!!!

Disclaimer: If this doesn't happen, all the more intimate shows for us, the real fans to come!!!!!   (and side jobs washing dishes for the band.... ;D)

solace

i don't see them blowing up THAT much bigger this year honestly... certainly not based on the new record at least, they'll continue to retain their thrown as one of, if not the best live American band around.

as someone who first saw them in '02 and a number of times before they even jumped to 1000+ venues (granted nothing like the local KY folks who i'm sure saw them a bunch from '98-01), i think they already made their big jump for the most part... the shows w/ Pearl Jam in '06 certainly put them into a different echelon though.

tomEisenbraun

You wasted your first post on that?

Welcome to the board?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

QuoteYou wasted your first post on that?

Welcome to the board?

More like UNwelcome to the board!  Go home newb!!

I hate nooobs!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

;D

Grudge

Geez, thanks for the love guys. I didn't know they allowed  12 year-olds to post on MMJ forums. Only immaturity could account for such unfriendliness on the forums of one of the most friendly bands in music.  

thatswhatshesaid

QuoteGeez, thanks for the love guys. I didn't know they allowed  12 year-olds to post on MMJ forums. Only immaturity could account for such unfriendliness on the forums of one of the most friendly bands in music.  
meeeeoooowwwww!!!!!!

sweatboard

QuoteGeez, thanks for the love guys. I didn't know they allowed  12 year-olds to post on MMJ forums. Only immaturity could account for such unfriendliness on the forums of one of the most friendly bands in music.  

Welcome to the Forum.  You showed up at a bad time.

-Brian
There's Still Time.........

evilPaauwe

QuoteI think this is the year that Jacket hits it big and we lose them as the band that only we, the hardcore fans that discovered them before 2008 know about.

The timing, no other significant American artist, and most of all their amazing music all lead to MMJ becoming the next great American band.  

But I'm glad. We really need a great band right now!!!

Music has sucked for too long and we need a great band to pull us out of the musical rut we've been in for too many years.

Here's to you MMJ, enjoy the success you're about to achieve and here's to many more years of great music!!!

Disclaimer: If this doesn't happen, all the more intimate shows for us, the real fans to come!!!!!   (and side jobs washing dishes for the band.... ;D)

-i think your right. literally every person who i have showed "dont touch me 2" has absolutely loved it.

-also,  the people on these forums will rip your head off no matter what. so say what you want to say.
cheers.

kyjed48

Welcome to the Forum.  You showed up at a bad time.

-Brian

Yeah man, welcome.  This place has been like an episode of Desperate Housewives the last couple days.
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

Dorothy_Mantooth

Quote-also,  the people on these forums will rip your head off no matter what. so say what you want to say.

kind of not always true. many of us just prefer to stay silent until we feel the need to make asses of ourselves. there are the occasional bad apples.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

primushead

Just to clarify, I was being fasicious (sp?)/sarcastic. Thus the " ;D" that I used.

I was just making an ironic statement in reference to the 'bashing of newbies' thread.

I welcome everyone. Welcome everyone!  Especially newbs!

sweatboard

QuoteJust to clarify, I was being fasicious (sp?)/sarcastic. Thus the " ;D" that I used.

I was just making an ironic statement in reference to the 'bashing of newbies' thread.

Yeah, I almost posted in your defense GGG but seriously, that made me laugh....out loud...lol.  ;D
There's Still Time.........

bluntmaster

duh dude. ugh this kid reeks of n00b

ManNamedTruth

QuoteJust to clarify, I was being fasicious (sp?)/sarcastic. Thus the " ;D" that I used.

Keep it up Gregg, its good to see some humor in such turbulent times.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

In a delicious piece of irony, the author of this thread has actually been a member for a while:

Date Registered: Nov 5th, 2005, 5:02pm
906 Days since joining

If only they'd been a member longer than Tom, Gregg or Brian. Irony indeed.  ;)

So, welcome back, grudge!  Hope it's not another nine months before you post again.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

MickeyReds

Welcome ALL! and by the way.....EVIL true...........LETS GO FLYERS! ;D
As long as you keep a straight face...

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWelcome ALL! and by the way.....EVIL true...........LETS GO FLYERS! ;D

Oh yeah, great series coming up! I updated my personal text, BTW.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

vespachick

I've been listening to Sirius #26 most of the evening; a few hours ago I was rocking out to Evelyn Is Not Real.  Right NOW Evil Urges.  Sweet!!!!!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked