Snowy fuckin Bramble...

Started by bluntmaster, Jun 14, 2008, 06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluntmaster

bluntmaster

I was trying to make it more snowy but my photoshop skillz are seriously weak.  plus google image has a very limiting snow fall selection surprisingly oh yeah and its summer.  I was going to make his lap steal a table and have him snorting lines but I'm just not there yet graphically.  someday, or maybe one of you fine photoshoppers out there could tear some pics up psychedelically, it'd be cool to have a crazy collection of super imposed weird mmj pics that are trippy as fuck.  just an idea, back to recording I go.   :-*

weeniebeenie

That looks awesome. It's one of my favourite pictures of Carl too. He such a good musician and way underrated. I wish more people knew about him.  I found a pretty cool interview with him if anyone's interested...

http://mindsetscene.blogspot.com/2007/07/getting-to-know-you.html
How loud can silence get?

bluntmaster

thanks for article weeniebeenie

tomEisenbraun

Quote I was going to make his lap steal a table and have him snorting lines but I'm just not there yet graphically.  

Have I ever mentioned that I secretly love you?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

bluntmaster

ps is what carls playing actually lap steel or is it pedal steel? I get the two confused.  

weeniebeenie

Quotethanks for article weeniebeenie
You're welcome.  :)
How loud can silence get?

tomEisenbraun

Hey Blunts!

Here's the big diff between a lap nd pedal steel:

A pedal steel is so named because it is baically the lap steel set-up, but attached to a stand that has pedals underneath to change the pitch of certain strings. What Carl plays is pedal steel:

(not that particular one, though)

getinthevan

Is that what the pedal on a pedal steel does?  I've been wondering about that since I did sound for a couple shows with someone on pedal steel.  I guess I could've just googled it.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

bluntmaster

thanks tom that's what I thought and felt like a dumbass after saying lap steel.  what would a dobro be considered then? lap steel or just a dobro?

bluntmaster

holy shit that's a big picture

Angry Ewok

Yeah, that would be a Dobro.... the photo is almost to scale, haha.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

well it would depend on how you play it, but a dobro is normally played flat on the lap. It's definitely considered as a lap steel, but you could just as soon say "I play dobro" as you could "I play lap steel" and most old-timers who dabble in that sort of thing would know what you were on to.

bluntmaster

Quotewell it would depend on how you play it, but a dobro is normally played flat on the lap. It's definitely considered as a lap steel, but you could just as soon say "I play dobro" as you could "I play lap steel" and most old-timers who dabble in that sort of thing would know what you were on to.

makes sense.  always wondered about the little differences in these instruments.  my friend has a dobro, it's alright, old and shitty.  I want to try some pedal steel but it seems like it'd be probably a 500-1000bucks to get one.  I need a bitchin keyboard first.  I'm in the process of building a home studio and collecting as many instruments as I can.  fun stuff.  carl I assume is a man of every variation of steel since he's already playing what seems to be the hardest instrument of the bunch, pedal steel.  I hear its a rough one to master.  thanks for the insight, always appreciated.

petemoss

I would love to learn how to play pedal steel someday.
I'm good at slide (if it's on my lap), but pedal steels are pretty tricky...

Coltrane

QuoteI guess I could've just googled it.

no need to Google guitar questions....that's why we got Tom!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!