American Idol, Good or Evil: Discuss

Started by wellfleet, Mar 22, 2006, 09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfleet

i'm interested to find out what y'all think about the show or its concept...

anyone ever consider trying out?
everything sucks. really.

ratsprayer

ive thought about trying out and doing a captain beefheart song as my audition material.  either that or an instrumental flying saucer attack song.   ;D

wellfleet

love both!
do you have an outfit in mind?  :D

ratsprayer

the fashion is the only thing holding me back.   ;)

any suggestions?

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ycartrob

Quoteive thought about trying out and doing a captain beefheart song as my audition material.  either that or an instrumental flying saucer attack song.   ;D

I could do my dance for the flying saucer attack (can you have American Idol teams or is it only solo?)

dragonboy

Man, you look like Kurt Russell in The Thing!  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

i like where this thread is going.   :D

primushead

I'd do anything on american idol...just as long as I get to meet HER.

wellfleet

i think to make any kind of impression you really need a helmet. maybe a tin foil helmet shaped like a bird or a tree...

tracy... OMG, is that really you? that's terrifying. you look like a south pole researcher who has gone off the deep end or something... WHAT is that and where can i get one?

Jaimoe

It's ironic that many of the singers/contestants that appear on the show are far better singers than Paula Abdul, who was at best, a below average singer.

ratsprayer

QuoteIt's ironic that many of the singers/contestants that appear on the show are far better singers than Paula Abdul, who was at best, a below average singer.

well they come together...because opposites attract.

(ill be here all week, folks.)

EC

QuoteIt's ironic that many of the singers/contestants that appear on the show are far better singers than Paula Abdul, who was at best, a below average singer.

ummm, but she was an EXCELLENT songwriter.  Forever Your Girl was possibly the most beautiful album of 1988.  Hands down.  

from Cold-Hearted Snake (reprinted with permission)
He's a cold-hearted snake
Look into his eyes
Oh oh oh
He's been tellin' lies
He's a lover boy at play
He don't play by the rules
Oh oh oh
Girl don't play the fool--no

need i say more, really?

peanut butter puddin surprise

American Idol is evil, a vortex of bad karma sucking the soul out of all performing artists.

Really.  Here's why:

A majority of the finalists (and winners) are of a certain "style" of music and performing.  Sappy ballads/poppy trashy throwaway saccharin tunes are not the only style of performing on the planet.    

But, it is what it is:  a bad karoke contest with a national TV audience.  I can't watch it, like I can't watch karoke.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

NOthing really to add here, except a pic of Randy from his days with Journey.  

Would you take advice from this man, dawg?

fitzcarraldo

I think it's god awful how the judges refer to the contestants singing cover songs as 'Artists'.  :-/

MMJ_fanatic

I say evil--anything that depends on its popularity by humiliating people is, imo, inherently driven by satan! :-*
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

QuoteI think it's god awful how the judges refer to the contestants singing cover songs as 'Artists'.  :-/

Amen.  Even if they win, they (Kelly Clarkson, Clay Whatever, the other people) still won't be artists....they may co-write a song or 2 every now and then, but at best they will be entertainers.

Although Kelly Clarkson sings some pretty catch stuff ;)

SiOuxTribe

It doesnt promote songwriting or being original.  Just ordinary people with talented voices selling themselves out to get lots of money and appealing to all those silly prebuscent teenagers who don't know the first thing about good music.  Just plain old american TV.  THe good thing though I do like the first half of the show with the bad singers..thats fun.  
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteKelly Clarkson

I wish I were talented enough to write songs for her.  She has a nice enough voice;  but that trash she sings....ewwwwww, I feel like I just stepped in doggie doo.  Catchy?  99.9% of her appeal is sex appeal.  She's sexy enough and has a nice voice-but again, her material is just god awful.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there