Main Menu

pizza

Started by johnconaway, Mar 29, 2006, 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

there's this new chain in town called Old Chicago, and it's got this awesome lunch buffet deal with all you can eat for $7!  totally awesome thicker crust pizza.

here's a short list of my favs, in Louisville and other places, in no particular order:

Wicks-gotta love the pie there, what with the pound of cheese all over it!

Impellizerri's-so thick it's like two pizzas in one

Old Chicago-see above

Armando's Pizza-used to work there back home, we had this deal called the "red top" which was two pizza doughs!  man, it was da bomb

Osso's-paper thin crust.  two choices of toppings.  one tiny stand in Washington, PA.  that's it, i'm sending away for their "Mail order" kit!

what's your fav??
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

that's funny.  yesterday on our way home we saw this dude carrying a pizza box and a chocolate milk.  he was having a nice night at home.  ;)

there's a pizza place in toronto called the magic oven that i LOVE even though it's so expensive.  you can get anything on there, and they have choices of crusts that are organic, gluten-free, etc. and really beautiful ingredients.  tandoori chicken...  mmm.

but i can eat regular pizza and love it.  i love pizza and a coke.  

ratsprayer

ha ha pizza in yellow springs, ohio.  you can bring in your own toppings, and theyll put them on for you.  its crazy shit what ive seen come out of there.  keep in mind the town is stuck in 1968, and its a hippie haven.  it has an awesome vibe about it though, and theres an amazing amount of nature just outside the village.  i think 3 lay lines cross right through there, so thats part of the mystique.   8)

Quoteearly to bed and early to rise makes a man or woman miss out on the nightlife

that makes me wanna pick up a baritone sax and jam.... ;)

ratsprayer

that makes me wanna pick up a baritone sax and jam.... ;)

i dont know how to play the sax, but ill watch and bring some french fries with pepper.   ;)

the first time I saw Morphine play, it was so validating to see a rock show with a dude playin' the bari sax, as that was my weapon in high school.  damn thing was bigger than me, but it was so much fun as it was LOUD like a tuba.

mmmmmmmmmmmm fries.... :)

EC

Quotemmmmmmmmmmmm fries.... :)
i was JUST thinking that.  mmmmmmm.  warm crispy fries.  holy.  

why are fries so good?  

ratsprayer

i was JUST thinking that.  mmmmmmm.  warm crispy fries.  holy.  

why are fries so good?  

have you ever had the fries at outback steakhouse?  theyre dark and seasoned, covered with loads of cheese and bacon, and you get ranch dressing to dip them in.  mmmmm

this thread is about pizza, and were talking about low rock and fries.  hmmm....   ;D

man, I swear the mushrooms at Outback are like heavenly....so scrumptious!

low rock+fries+pizza+mushrooms+Outback Steak House=a typical thread progression here at the MMJ forum  :)

MMJ_fanatic

mmmmmmm.  warm crispy fries.  holy.  

why are fries so good?  

with some gravy 'eh?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Mr. T.

Best fries in Belgium! And we do drown them in mayonaise  ;)

We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

JacketGal

Fries are the best junk food around!!

As for pizza, I live in Chitown so I'm a deep dish fan:
Lou Malnati's

or
Giordano's

:P :P
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

wellfleet

for 11 years of my life, i knew nothing about pizza... pizza and hamburgers were things i saw on television.
i think my first pizza was a pan pizza at pizza hut when we moved to canada and i thought i went to heaven. same thing when i discovered bacon...
i still love the pan pizza, i love the thick, slightly greasy crust, i love dipping it in ranch dressing... there's a pizza chain in the south called pizza inn, they provide you with hot garlic butter to dip your crust into... DROOOOOL...

fries are good because of the fat. in fact, the taste of fat is what makes food taste good to people. we become sort of addicted to it. don't care, fries are the best, and screw the low-card diets! the wing chain wing stop has these seasoned fries that are out of this world...

now i'm so hungry...
everything sucks. really.

Quotei love dipping it in ranch dressing

awwwwwwwwwwww man that's the best!  the server always looks at me funny when I ask for some ranch dressing, like no one ever does that?

I had some damn pizza for lunch, and now I'm hungry for it again!  Long live the pie!!

ratsprayer

ranch dressing may be the best condiment out there, besides montgomery inn bbq sauce.  that stuff is amazing.  its not as thick as regular bbq sauce, but the first ingredient is actually tomatoes.  how many other bbq sauces can claim that?

ratsprayer

QuoteFries are the best junk food around!!

or
Giordano's

:P :P

at jungle jims in cincy (the best supermarket ever, seriously) they sell those giordano's.  they're made in naperville, right?  at least thats what the box says, and it really is the best pizza ive ever had in my life.  theyre somewhat of a bitch to cook yourself because you have to heat up the sauce and spread it over the top, then foil the crust for the first 30 minutes, but the effort is more than worth it!   ;D

antoniostrohs

Quotethere's this new chain in town called Old Chicago, and it's got this awesome lunch buffet deal with all you can eat for $7!  totally awesome thicker crust pizza.
Cool,I was wondering about that place. That is the one at Stonybrook? Now I'm definitely going to have to try that place.
Hey John,Have you guys tried Vito's Pizzeria on Preston Highway. They have pretty awesome pies there also. Vito's "Fat Bread Sticks" are great!

wellfleet

i've been right by Mystic Pizza in CT but didn't go in...

when i was in college in montreal, there was a place called 49C (as in 49 cent) Pizza next to school. they sold these huge, thin crust, sketchy-ingredient, weird-ass looking cheese pie slices but how can you beat that price? the 2$ special was two slices and a soft drink, awesome...

then the bastards raised their prices to like, 75 cents... but there are plenty of pizza stands that sell 99 cent slices and when you're hungry/student-ing/hung over, they are the mana...
everything sucks. really.

BIGVICLBI

guys if you dont live in nj or ny you've never had real pizza. i have a pizza place on every block, and i can rate the best 20 off the top of my head. i'll send some pizza out west for some bbq though.

ratsprayer

Quoteguys if you dont live in nj or ny you've never had real pizza. i have a pizza place on every block, and i can rate the best 20 off the top of my head. i'll send some pizza out west for some bbq though.

i love this.  its the classic saying, if you dont live in NY you dont know <insert anything>.  i have been to chicago, and they know pizza.  im from near cincinnati.  if youve never been here, you dont know chili!

boom!   ;D