My apartment

Started by harristrensky, Feb 14, 2005, 07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

Haha, I understand.  I have a cat, named "Tommy the Cat" (after the primus song), and he's the most paranoid cat ever.  If anyone comes within 20 feet, he freaks out and goes runs all over the place.  But i'm down with cats.  they're cool animals.

EC

QuoteI have a cat, named "Tommy the Cat" (after the primus song)
Wow.  You just took me back to highschool.  I LOVED primus.  I still do, I guess - just haven't put them on in a while.

whothrewthecake

ah ha ha!  Well sure.  I call my technique: "hit up your family for their old stuff" style and then throw it together in some rooms.  

when my brother moved in with his lady, now wife, he gave me so much crap. i inherited a chair and ottoman from him, and my aunt gave me a bookcase that i painted purple. she also gave me one of those awesome step-end 50s style endtables. when you move in college, it's surprising how many people want to load their crap on you.

wow this is the most boring entry of all time. i'm sorry.

EC

when my brother moved in with his lady, now wife, he gave me so much crap. i inherited a chair and ottoman from him, and my aunt gave me a bookcase that i painted purple. she also gave me one of those awesome step-end 50s style endtables. when you move in college, it's surprising how many people want to load their crap on you.

wow this is the most boring entry of all time. i'm sorry.
It's not boring!  A purple bookcase is extremely exciting!  Just you wait.  You can be ten years out of college, and your family will still like to load stuff on you because you're a "poor artist", and therefore need a fourth set of ugly plates.  ;)

whothrewthecake

It's not boring!  A purple bookcase is extremely exciting!  Just you wait.  You can be ten years out of college, and your family will still like to load stuff on you because you're a "poor artist", and therefore need a fourth set of ugly plates.  ;)

oh man i'll take em. all my dishes are hand-me-downs, too, except for those select few items i get for 25 cents at big lots. and a nice coffee mug i got for myself at pier one that makes me feel like i should be wearing a power suit when i drink coffee. hell if you have anything you want to give away, send it on down.  ;)

EC

oh man i'll take em. all my dishes are hand-me-downs, too, except for those select few items i get for 25 cents at big lots. and a nice coffee mug i got for myself at pier one that makes me feel like i should be wearing a power suit when i drink coffee. hell if you have anything you want to give away, send it on down.  ;)
ha ha ha!  I think I have a few odd-looking Christmas tree ornaments that I would be happy to get rid of!  

(They're really weird, though... ;))

MMJ_fanatic

I like the mirror in the bathroom effect.

hmmmm Suddenly I'm thinking of Rankin Roger.... :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

I'd like to post a Picture of my music room and my cats.  How do I post a picture that I took myself.  I thought the pictures had to have a url to be posted and don't the pictures have to be on a web site to have a url?  Thanks,

Brian,

I love the Neil Young Poster Harris, and I love your decore EC.
There's Still Time.........

CC

you can use www.imageshack.us to host your pictures for free.
works great.

peanut butter puddin surprise

meg, your apartment is awesome!  nice deck, and the connjohnaway household is of course a cat's paradise, so we're down with the felines.

i have a black cat named scampy.  she's just like what you describe as your cat...she has a really sweet side that no one sees except me.  i saved her from a sure death at the hands of the pound as she was wild, so i think she secretly loves me more for saving her.  :D  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

hmmmm Suddenly I'm thinking of Rankin Roger.... :D

Ha! That's why I been humming ska tunes all afternoon  :o

EC

Quotemeg, your apartment is awesome! Ênice deck, and the connjohnaway household is of course a cat's paradise, so we're down with the felines.

i have a black cat named scampy. Êshe's just like what you describe as your cat...she has a really sweet side that no one sees except me. Êi saved her from a sure death at the hands of the pound as she was wild, so i think she secretly loves me more for saving her. Ê:D Ê
The Johns and the conns have cats, hey?  

Your story is my story.  My little muffin was found in a highway underpass.  She is also a calico.  They're scaaaary.  

And I  have to admit a guilty thing.  I secretly LOVE the fact that I'm the only one she loves.  I mean, I partly feel bad for her because she doesn't get as much love as she could if she'd just let go of her past horrors, whatever they were, and let people in.  

Anyhow, Brian!  You have a cat, too!  And a music room?  I want a music room...  Well, okay, truthfully, every room in our house is a music room.  We even have a stereo in the bathroom.  :)

sweatboard

I have two cats (James and Thurston) James is the oldest and he came from the shelter with the name James, I hadn't even heard of MMJ at that point.  I named Thurston after Thurston Moore, I wanted to name him Jim so the cats would be Jim and James, my wife talked me out of it.  I want to take a picture of my music room but I don't have my disco ball up yet and I really want to have that in the picture, also I still need to get my Poster from the Nashville MMJ show framed and mounted.  Well when I get home from work I'll see if I can get some pictures up.  Thank you Riny for the link.

sweatboard

Thanks Megan.  ;D

EC

Jesus, it took me ten minutes to find the reply box.  heh.

Brian, do you have photoshop?  If not, you can email it to me, and I'll make it smaller for you.  

sweatboard

I have photoshop but I'm no good with it.  Can you break it down step by step Meg?  Thanks

EC

Sure I can.  (I just fixed it for you and emailed you, but I'll tell you anyways, because it's helpful to know.)

So.  Open Photoshop, and then go to "file".  Choose "open", and then choose the picture you'd like to work on.  Once it's open, go to "image", and choose "image size".  For anything on the internet (ie something you're not going to print), you want to make sure the resolution is 72 dpi.  (Some people choose ninety something, but I can't remember why.)  Anyhow, in that same section, you can change the actual size.  For example, yours was 80 centimeters.  Which is very large.  So I made it 20, and kept the aspect ratio (that's a box  you check, and unless you want to skew the picture, you want to keep the aspect ratio the same).  And then you just save it.  

Yeah?

:)

sweatboard

Oh Megan, You have made me feal so awesome.  Thank you!!!

Thurston (Moore) & James (Taylor)

EC

Yaaaaaayyyy!  Way to go!

Your music room is wicked.  That poster is the same one that I got!  (Except the one I had was signed.  heh.)  AND you have a lava lamp!!!  Very wicked.  I remember getting high for the first time in grade nine, and my friend had a lava lamp, and... well you can imagine how stupid it all got.

Do I see three guitars?  Why didn't you put a song in for the tribute album?!  Git it!

Your cats are very sweet.  Heh.  James Taylor.  My first big boyfriend was named James Taylor.  He was very special.  :)

The fire and rain jokes got old, though...

primushead

QuoteOh Megan, You have made me feal so awesome.  Thank you!!!

Thurston (Moore) & James (Taylor)

SWEET cats.