Opening Day for Baseball Season...

Started by johnconaway, Mar 28, 2006, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

just 4 days away!  any other fans out there for America's Passtime?

I'm psyched about this year...I might just pack everyone in the car and drive up to Chicago for a game or two this summer!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Jaimoe

I can't wait. I'm a die-hard Blue Jays fan and I've got tickets to 6 games this spring/summer/fall. I'll be catching the Jays-Twinkies game next Tuesday. A.J. Burnett is scheduled to start, if he's healthy.

Toronto has the best pitching staff in the American League East... at least  on paper. Down with the Red Sox and Yankees. And, death to Baltimore!

MUWHAHAHAH!  Go Toronto!  I think anyone who isn't a Yankees/Red Sox fan is sick of that whole thing.  Let's see some new blood in contention, fer chrissakes!

Baltimore doesn't stand a chance, IMHO.  In the Central Div., I think Chicago and Cleveland will be head to head like last season, and I think Oakland looks hot in the West...

Foxtrot76

Always get excited this time of year! Can't beat College Hoops going right into opening day. Life long Cubs fan which means I'll be excited until about mid-August. It was rough watching the south-siders take it all last year....

QuoteIt was rough watching the south-siders take it all last year....

awwwwwwwwwwwww c'mon, wasn't it cool that any team from Chitown won it all?

Foxtrot76

I guess...I admit I rooted for them. I think what made it tougher was having to listen to Sox fans rub it in...Last year was the first time in a while that Sox fans cheered for their OWN team instead of pulling for the Cubs to lose....

Foxtrot76

I just realized I still sound bitter....oh well. It's a new year! GO CUBBIES!

well, i'm on a White Sox island here in Louisville, so I didn't have a chance to rub it in with any Cubs fans...I don't see the point in all that.  It was way cool that either team won the Series, to me at least...

Jellyfish

Go Twins!  Win it for the "Puck". :)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Form91225

Jellyfish

QuoteLook out for CLE

and Detroit. ;)

and Detroit. ;)

I think you're gonna have to give Jim Leyland at least one season to build... :)

antoniostrohs

Toronto has the best pitching staff in the American League East... at least  on paper. Down with the Red Sox and Yankees. And, death to Baltimore!
I'm a Yankee fan by birth and been following them since the early 70's when they weren't very good at all. The Jays do have a nice pitching staff if they can stay healthy. Halladay has been a great pitcher but Burnett has been injury prone an on the DL alot in his career. The Yankees still have a couple a great pitchers in Johnson and Mussina.(if they can stay healthy)  They almost have an excess of starters(Pavano,Wright,Chacon,Wang,Small)  And they still have one of the best closers in baseball with Mariano Rivera. It should be a fun year and hope I don't get disappointed again this year with a Yankee fizzle in the playoffs.

Jellyfish

I think you're gonna have to give Jim Leyland at least one season to build... :)

You are prolly right but the Tigers were much improved last year.

Twins are looking pretty good in spring training....how are your CHISOX looking?

SmoothOprtr

Life long Cubs fan here and to respond to the earlier statement, no I don't think it was cool for the Sox to win it!  I think they were the most embarrassing World Series team ever... every break, fluke, and bad call possible benifited them.

Kirby Puckett's a felon.  
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Quotehow are your CHISOX looking

meh, it's spring training...sunday night's when it starts counting!  but thome looks good, contreas looks good, konerko looks good...uribe looks good, buehrle looks good....it's all good.

and now...

QuoteI think they were the most embarrassing World Series team ever... every break, fluke, and bad call possible benifited them

whatever, man.  if it was a fluke, let's see those oh-so good Cubbies win it for the North Side this year.... ;)

realdeal

There's nothing better than $1 beer night, Thursdays @ Slugger Field in Louisville. The prices are just right for AAA baseball.

QuoteThere's nothing better than $1 beer night, Thursdays @ Slugger Field in Louisville. The prices are just right for AAA baseball.

I LOVE Slugger Field.  that place is awesome...

too bad last night's Sox game was delayed by rain....good highlight reel, though and a NICE 400 footer by Thome into right field's stands....good way to start the season, clobbering the Indians, at home.