what would u name ur band & 1st album?

Started by wellfleet, Apr 05, 2006, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfleet

do you have zero musical talent?
is your music playing experience limited to the recorder in 5th grade and air guitar?
do you take advantage of every karaoke opportunity as it may be your only chance to rock?
do you wish girls and boys would throw their underwear at you in adoration?

go ahead and name your imaginary (or real) band, and what you would title your debut album...
if you want to get really creative and have that kind of time, post a pic of what the album would look like...
everything sucks. really.

ratsprayer

i think its hilarious that it seems only people with no musical talent (like me) spend so much time thinking of endless band names.  weird....anyway here are some of mine, even though i dont have album titles thought of.

white knuckle happy
bitches (its in italics because you have to say it in a certain way ala the gangsta sermon on the warren g album)
the heavenly scissors

my musical fantasy is to get on stage and proclaim....'good evening, we're bitches       ;D

tomEisenbraun

Dr. Sauce and the Mystic Fishsticks was the name of this band me and a  couple guys put together for our high school talent show. We played the last slot on hte whole bill, and it was supposed to be a ten minute medley of Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out", a bastardized "One Way Out," a weirded-out instrumental "Rock Your Body" (Justin Timberlake) and "Purple Haze" to end the sucker.

We wound up playing for 20 minutes and I threw in a good two minute behind the head guitar solo during Purple Haze just for good measure. I even SRV'd it by wearing a hat, and beginning the solo and keeping it going with one hand while taking the hat off and putting it on the mic stand in front of me.

My favorite moment of the night, one of my friends said that after i played the solo, some old woman sitting in front of him excalimed "well, what was the point of that?!" oh senseless rock and roll.

That said, another good band name I thought of (at least until I realized that "The" bands are horribly cliche now) is The Living Daylights.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Chills

QuoteThe Living Daylights.

Well, that's also a Bond movie with Timothy Dalton.
You'd better take one from those classy Sean Connery ones.

Thus I'd suggest  "The Thunderballs"  :)

FarmerYoda

I always thought Tired Eyes and Thunder Thighs would make a good album title...

MMJ_fanatic

Band name:  The Ashtrays

1st album:  "Can I bum a butt?"
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

Quotei think its hilarious that it seems only people with no musical talent (like me) spend so much time thinking of endless band names.  weird....anyway here are some of mine, even though i dont have album titles thought of.

white knuckle happy
bitches (its in italics because you have to say it in a certain way ala the gangsta sermon on the warren g album)
the heavenly scissors

my musical fantasy is to get on stage and proclaim....'good evening, we're bitches       ;D

Dude...come on.  At least learn the tambourine so we can make a band.  We can even have cool monikers for  bitches.  

For instance, I could be evenin' bitch and you could be sup bitch?

ycartrob

I don't know what my band would be named, but a great name for an all girl punk band?

Far From Barbie

album title

Anatomically Correct

wellfleet

oooohhh... that's a kickass name... i could see EC be the lead guitar in that band. actually, i'm re-reading No Logo, and I think EC is really Naomi Klein and she's just dying to come out with it already...

i know the first single off of Anatomically Correct: Ken's Dead!

BOO-YA!

ycartrob

Quoteoooohhh... that's a kickass name... i could see EC be the lead guitar in that band. actually, i'm re-reading No Logo, and I think EC is really Naomi Klein and she's just dying to come out with it already...

BOO-YA!

I like the idea of starting with Ken's Dead, but make it 2nd. Start off with a blietzkrieg instrumental (1:22) called Beach House, and then you end the album with Beach House (Reprise)

or what about Bitch House?  :o

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Quoteoooohhh... that's a kickass name... i could see EC be the lead guitar in that band. actually, i'm re-reading No Logo, and I think EC is really Naomi Klein and she's just dying to come out with it already...

BOO-YA!

I promise that I'm not Naomi Klein, although I want you to know that I am SO excited that you said that.  :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

real life:  in high school, i played in a band twice after i got a guitar and amp for xmas one year...we were really drunk and limited to my friend's basement, and we called ourselves "Bloody Semen".  Think Kid Rock with Neil Peart drumming and no bass.  I was the frontman, rapping/scatting about weed, girls, ass, fast cars, flunking algebra, Jim Beam, and of course, bloody semen.  ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.  there's a cassette tape of one "performance" out there somewhere in the world....

in my dreams:

Cantina 101-surf rock meets space rock and Buck Owens...also the fictional name for my restaurant if I ever open one...first record, "The Drinks are on Me"

Satellite Sebring-my labelname and Foo Fighters style rock band, first record..."MOPAR"

Red Dog Road-my solo country effort...nu/noir country, if you will...first record..."That little piece of me I was looking for"

and finally...my punk rock alter ego:

Ortelieb-shitty cheap beer from PA.  Makes me pine for shitty chicken wings and hot sauce, and shots of MD 20/20, with Dead Kennedy's "Kill the Poor" blaring in the background....

here's the first album cover...entitled "Beer Blast"

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ycartrob

The name of the Drug and Alcohol rehab (for sports and rock stars) I want to open on the coast of Maine?

On The Rocks

The step up house after treatment?

Double, On The Rocks

Coltrane

Band: The Kings of Awesomeness (or KOA for short)

Album: KOA and the Mysterious Disappearance of Your Teenage Daughters

Lineup:

Air Guitar/ Air Vocals: Brian "Boom Boom" Burkett

Air Bass/ Air Vocals: Daniel "Yes, That is My Penis" Buccieri

Air Drums/ Air Vocals: Robert "Bonx" Salcido

bitches betta recognize!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

wellfleet

knowing mattel, the lawsuit salvo would be launched before pitchfork and NME could declare Far from Barbie as the next Arctic Monkeys... remember that lameass band Aqua and their Barbie girl song? although i beliebe Mattel lost that lawsuit...
would be funny to put together a Web site for this fictitious band and hype it up as the next big thang and see if Mattel sues a made-up group... hihihihi...

ali

far from barbie sounds like a great name! maybe ken could have a "solo" project called plastic soul... first single "what i wouldn't give (for removable undies)", second single "easily flammable (adventures by the radiator)"

QuoteAnatomically Correct
anatomically correct is a great song from an '90s oz band called custard... sadly now defunct, but they were GREAT

my band would be red pelican
album - the art of procrastination
 ;D
love a song for the way it makes you feel

wellfleet

ali... i'm afraid we'd have some copyright issues with "art of procrastination" as anyone who knows me will attest that i totally invented the art of procrastination... nobody, and i mean nobody, puts off important shit until the last minute with as much gusto and glee as MOI!  ;D

love the ken ideas... it reminds me of how the beatles (well, obviously what i read, not what i experienced living in the swinging sixties) came up with rubber soul. john kept saying plastic soul, plastic soul... you can hear it on the anthology cds. anyway... yeah!

sweatboard

Band Name: To The Point

First Single: This is a Fucking Fucking Song
There's Still Time.........

wellfleet

but you won't be able to sell it at wal mart... your title would be censored to "this is a song"...   :-/