Main Menu

South Park

Started by true, Apr 20, 2006, 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

I don't think the new season of South Park has been that funny. I think they're trying too hard to be offensive and forgot how to be funny at the same time.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Jaimoe

Not surprising since I didn't think Team America was funny at all.

primushead

QuoteNot surprising since I didn't think Team America was funny at all.

...not even a little bit funny?  I thought the movie was hilarious.  Probably one of my favorite comedies of all time.  

Jaimoe

...not even a little bit funny?  I thought the movie was hilarious.  Probably one of my favorite comedies of all time.  

There were a few funny scenes. I fell asleep during the film. I love satire, but I like funny and clever satire. The movie lacked in the former area. One of your "favourite comedies of all time"? Man, that's really too bad. Bigger, Longer and Uncut was far funnier with satire that was bang-on and biting socially.

primushead

There were a few funny scenes. I fell asleep during the film. I love satire, but I like funny and clever satire. The movie lacked in the former area. One of your "favourite comedies of all time"? Man, that's really too bad. Bigger, Longer and Uncut was far funnier with satire that was bang-on and biting socially.

The South Park movie was good, and it did do a wonderful job of creating a fucking funny musical (which, the musical itself, is really underrated).  I don't really think that Team America was TRYING to be overtly clever with the comedy.  I thought the creators were just trying to make a funny movie with puppets...but, I dunno.  

Jaimoe

The South Park movie was good, and it did do a wonderful job of creating a fucking funny musical (which, the musical itself, is really underrated).  I don't really think that Team America was TRYING to be overtly clever with the comedy.  I thought the creators were just trying to make a funny movie with puppets...but, I dunno.  

I think they were trying to push the censor and socio-politcal envelope with Team America and they accomplished that. But the comedy was forced and the scenes often went on too long - kinda like most Saturday Night Live skits do.

ManNamedTruth

I think they were trying to push the censor and socio-politcal envelope with Team America and they accomplished that. But the comedy was forced and the scenes often went on too long - kinda like most Saturday Night Live skits do.
Mad TV is way worse with the lengthy stupid skits.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

cmccubbin25

how can you not love that Oprah's vagina talks and takes hostages...brilliant
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.