The "ode to your significant other" thre

Started by wellfleet, Mar 08, 2006, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfleet

So I thought that with so much heartbreak and heartache in the world, we should try and have daily reminders that there's also lots and lots of love and happiness and that human connection is a beautiful thing... So big-up your spouse, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your life-partner, your I-don't-believe-in-titles...

My husband (almost 6 months now, holy cow) sometimes brings me Slim Jims from the store. It's really kind of mortifying but I've developed a taste for them that I just can't explain and he gets that. Thanks, honey!

(for those of you yet to awaken to the wonder of the Slim Jim, it's kind of a thin pepperoni/salami stick beloved by truckers and well, me)
everything sucks. really.

tomEisenbraun

i don't really have much to say, seein as i'm dead tired, but here:

that pretty much sums it up :)

(she's my girlfriend :))
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

peanut butter puddin surprise

hard to believe, but on May 6th it will have been seventeen years since i married susan.  she's awesome.  

somehow, she manages to be a fantastic second grade teacher, mother to amelia, and put up with my shanigans pretty much at the same time.  when i first met her, she was one of a few punk rock chicks at my college.  imagine, if you will, late 80's rural Pennsylvania...filled to the brim with mullets and big hair everywhere.  here's this hot chick wtih combat boots!  orange hair!  safety pins!!  outrageous fashion!!!  needless to say i was hooked.

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ycartrob

OK, never thought I'd marry my best friend, but I did. Her name is Leigh Ann (or LA, her roller skating name).

I am a huge pinball freak. Our first Valentine's Day together she gave me this poster of my favorite pinball machine ( one of the greatest machines ever made).

So I thought, well, that's one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.

Fast forward 5 years to my 40th birthday. The big 4 0 (it ain't all that). As fate would have it, MMJ was playing in Knoxville on my 40th, so we had plans to drive over on that Sunday, get a hotel, and go to the show. The night before we left, LA gave me this for my 40th birthday

and I thought, OK, I guess when you turn 40, you get weird shit like this. A miniature DeLorean. Great. Couldn't really figure it out but went with it.

So, we go to the show, rock out (it was Bo and Carl's 2nd live show). When we get back to Nashville the next day, this was in our living room

My very own pinball machine. The single greatest, most thoughtful gift I have ever received (LA took up donations from family, friends and co-workers)

That's LA. That's what she does and that's who I love.

SiOuxTribe

You're a lucky man Tom.
ROrwl rowwwllll   :-*
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

wellfleet

yo tom i want to call you out for misrepresenting yourself in your avatar... i thought you had blond hair and a mullet... no fair!

Jon T.

Let me start by saying my wife doesn't "appreciate" music the way most of us in here do.  She likes listening to it but it just doesn't affect her.  So, last night I ask, "guess who is going on tour together?"  She says, "Hmmm, MMJ and who?".  I said guess.  And her reply................."The Killers"

God love her.

dragonboy

The love of my life!
Here we are at our wedding (no really?) last summer...

EDIT: My wife got very embarrassed when she saw her pic & asked me politely to take it down  :-[

Not to worry, here's a pic of my other significant other:

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

lovely photo!!! that is a beautiful dress!  :)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

whothrewthecake

dragonboy, you guys make a dashing couple! great pic.

dragonboy

Thanks Whothrewthecake!  :)

Just noticed the Viva Las Vegas poster in Ycartrob's photo.
Elvis Presley - the only person my wife will ever have good reason to be jealous of  ;)

Hawkeye

"All Hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love, yeah..."

Great PJ song...
We could.

dragonboy

Quote"All Hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love, yeah..."

Great PJ song...

Enough with PJ already!!!  ::)  ;)

Mr. T.

My girlfriend just got accepted as an assistent-paediatrician at the university of Antwerp! in five years she'll be a doctor :o

how cool is that!

We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

dragonboy

Congrats to you & your Girlfriend Mr. T  :)
Stick it out 5 years dude & then you'll never have to work again  ;)

Mr. T.

;D

I am not allowed to say those things out loud. Luckily the mind's still free  ;)

Like Homer'd say:

it's funny... 'cos it's true

(actually it isn't)
we are concern,

vielfras

When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

wellfleet

AAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone here is so cute and so in love. i'm glad this thread worked out. this just makes me smile...

Mr. T.

QuoteAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone here is so cute and so in love.
I'll say it over and over again:

My Morning Jacket lovers are better lovers
we are concern,