Acoustic live question

Started by EC, May 01, 2006, 03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Hey guys, so I have a kind of important show (for me) coming up at the end of May, and my acoustic guitar sounds terrific in my room, and like ass live.  The only thing that would make it sound nice is something like an iBeam pickup, but I decided that I'll wait for that until I get a better guitar (the iBeam gets installed), and thought I'd rent one.

So I went to L&M thinking about a Martin.  And they had them, but they were on the pricey side for a month rental, so I ended up getting a Art Lutherie Folk Cedar EW.  They're Canadian, so I'm not sure if you people in the US know about them.  (I didn't.)

Anyhow, I've just been messing around with it, and found a pretty nice tone on my amp.  But I'm wondering if any of you have used/seen one in a live setting, and what your opinion is.  The show's at Clinton's, which has an excellent sound board (same as Opera House), so it'll sound as good as it can.  I'm just wondering if that is good or not.  I can always run over and try it there first to see, but thought I'd check with y'all and see if you had opinions.

Anybody know this guitar?  Jaimoe?  RyanCorpse?  Canadians?  Americans?  Norwegians?  ;)

Thanks pals.  :)

(Corey, what was the guitar we used in Alabama?  That sounded pretty nice I thought.  I think it was a Gibson, though, and you can't rent those unless you want to spend lots of your dollars.)

corey

Yeah, it was a Gibson through a Fishman pre-amp if I'm not mistaken. Don't know which model Gibson it was though.

EC

QuoteYeah, it was a Gibson through a Fishman pre-amp if I'm not mistaken. Don't know which model Gibson it was though.
totally forgot about that pre amp.  hmmm...

so, ah, nobody knows anything about these guitars, hey?

SiOuxTribe

Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

wellfleet

EC, i know as much about guitars as i do about masonic lodges, i.e. nothing at all...

but i did want to say that i didn't know you had a live show coming up and that's so exciting... if i were still in canada i would come to your show and ask you to sign my bra! btw, where does one get your new cd? i say, feel free to use the forum to shamelessly plug your work...
everything sucks. really.

tomEisenbraun

it should be fine. if they've got a nice system, anything'll sound good. and it'll definitely be better if the guitar has built in electronics. and i've heard of art and lutherie, but haven't played one, but that said, i recognize the name, so they aren't a no-name brand. you oughtta be golden.

and did you get your album into grimeys?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

thanks for your help, guys.  :)

[size=10]wellfleet, you can find information at my website, which i think you already know.[/size]
[size=10]tom, no grimey's didn't want to carry it because they don't know me, which is VERY understandable, but you can get it at SPUN, which has a very nice fellow.[/size]