acting like an adult

Started by eiseyrokker, Apr 27, 2006, 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

we don't have gpa's here, but i failed university my first year around.  failed.  in acting.  they let me come back (after i told them to stick it and took some time to realize how crap life is if you have no training), but that first year always counted and gave me a lower average at the end.

except, nobody ever asked to see my degree at an audition.  boobs, yes.  degree, no.

;)

ycartrob

Quoteyou had a 0.00?  oh my god.  

i know that doing acid isn't funny, and that a zero gpa isn't funny.  but it kind of is.  now that you're all good and doing something terrific with your life and stuff.  :)

we don't have gpa's here, but i failed university my first year around.  failed.  in acting.  they let me come back (after i told them to stick it and took some time to realize how crap life is if you have no training), but that first year always counted and gave me a lower average at the end.

except, nobody ever asked to see my degree at an audition.  boobs, yes.  degree, no.

;)

we call it "pulling goose eggs" (0.00)

it's hard to get a decent grade when you skip the final 2 months of the semester...(especially after not going the 2nd month).

ratsprayer

i went to college just for a semester right out of high school and ended up with a hot 0.75 GPA or some shit like that.  im probably starting again in the fall after all this time, going to do something i actually feel a calling for, but even though its just one semester, im not looking forward to the effect that will have on future stats.

live and learn, bitches.

;D

ali

what are you thinking of doing at college rats?

my first year of uni was kind of crap (bit like doing high school art all over again in a very arty-farty kind of way), but you do get used to getting up "early"... i was never good at getting up early, & now i get up at 6am to get to work every day - mind you, i don't have to see or talk to anyone til 8.30am (which is probably a GOOD THING)

it just makes you appreciate sleeping in on the weekends all the more!!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

ali

i was at uni for 5 years, with all sorts of starting times for classes & lectures, and i was really worried that when i started work after i graduated that i wouldn't be able to get up in time, but you do get used to it....

ratsprayer

Quotewhat are you thinking of doing at college rats?

im gonna find an outdoor/wilderness program to take and eventually become a naturalist or field guide somewhere.  theres a nature sanctuary about 30 miles south of where i live, and im already affiliated with them in volunterring and other areas, so im hoping ill be the next generation to take care of that since most of the member and caretakers are already in the their mid 50s.  

tomEisenbraun

im gonna find an outdoor/wilderness program to take and eventually become a naturalist or field guide somewhere.  theres a nature sanctuary about 30 miles south of where i live, and im already affiliated with them in volunterring and other areas, so im hoping ill be the next generation to take care of that since most of the member and caretakers are already in the their mid 50s.  

Hippy.

;)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ratsprayer

Hippy.

;)

man, let's get a smoking circle together and just stop this arguing.   ;D ;D

goldengirl

I agree completely! We all love this band so why do we argue about stupid crap. Why don't you all come to Omaha and we can have a session at my place.  :D

peanut butter puddin surprise

Louisville's always open for such things.... :)  Just ask Meg
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteLouisville's always open for such things.... :)  Just ask Meg

Louisville is awesome.  Some fine fine people there.  :)

p.s.  ratz, I am very excited about what you're going back to school for.  I think that is totally wicked.  

ali

Quoteim gonna find an outdoor/wilderness program to take and eventually become a naturalist or field guide somewhere.  theres a nature sanctuary about 30 miles south of where i live, and im already affiliated with them in volunterring and other areas, so im hoping ill be the next generation to take care of that since most of the member and caretakers are already in the their mid 50s.

sounds great!!!  :)