Main Menu

666!

Started by primushead, May 02, 2006, 07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

No, I'm not a Satan worshipper.  But if there ARE any on the board, could you tell me where the origin of this came from?  Like, how did it come to represent satan and all that hubbub?

I tried doing a Google search to find out, but all the results were way too demonic and not informative enough.  But I did find some low rates on Pentagrams.

Chills

References from the book of Revelation
Mark of the Beast
Revelation 13:16-18 states:
"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

More importantly  06/06/06 is national Slayer Day!
http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

primushead

Ah, thanks for the slight heads up.  I sorta knew it was "the mark of the beast".  But more specifically, does 666 have any significance?  Why couldn't it have been 222 or 8675309?  

I don't know why I'm trying to track down this answer.  It was just one of those random thoughts that I'm trying to finish I guess.  

Chills

primushead

Oh, and I can't celebrate national slayer day.

Hippies can't stand death metal, right Corey? ;)

primushead

QuoteMuch more info on wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

AHHHHHHH.  That's what I was looking for.  I didn't even think about wikipedia.  Thanks Chills. 8)

Chills

No problem.
And remember to celebrate next year. For 667=the neighbour of the beast!

Fluffhead

Trey Anastasio loves slayer

primushead

QuoteTrey Anastasio loves slayer

I don't.  That music totally kills my buzz.  It's so angry! ;)

MMJ_fanatic

someone told me the world is supposed to end on 06/06/06 :-/
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

Nah, not a chance.  The mayan calendar runs out in 2012, so I'm banking on THAT year to be the end.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ratsprayer

december 23, 2012.  that's the end of the mayan calendar.  i don't think the world will completely end, just end as we know it.  good luck!

;)

dragonboy

I ate some ham the other day that was due to expire on the 06. 6. 6  :o
Man, that was some evil ham right there...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Proof that evil lives in my fridge  :o
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

Proof that evil lives in my fridge  :o

we have evil in our fridge, too.  only ours is called "the fucking tomato that shelby hasn't thrown out for six months".

primushead

One of my roomates left a half gallon of expired milk in the fridge for quite some time.

When I went to pour it out two days ago (5/15/06) the expiration date on it was (11/13/05).  

It sorta made a "Ca-chunk, Ca-chunk" sound when I poured it out in the sink.

Gross. :P