My vacation out West

Started by ycartrob, Aug 12, 2006, 01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

So, my wife and I took 2 weeks and went out west (Dallas-Santa Fe-Denver-Black Hills South Dakota and Badlands- Lincoln NE-Nashville).

I posted a blog of 100 or so pics if you want to live the trip. Go here if you want, it may take a minute to download

http://bearbuttephoto.blogspot.com/

tomEisenbraun

frickin awesome.

sorry that i picked this picture to highlight. there are so many very very beautiful photos in there. i love your pictures, man.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

Some great pics Tracy, cheers for sharing  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SiOuxTribe

ohh the badlands, my raped and stolen holy land
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

BH

Awesome pics.  Very jealous.  Bear Butte looks wonderful.  I bet the Jacket would sound real good there on the ipod.

I would have liked to have seen at least one picture of you and the wife, though, come on.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

Quoteohh the badlands, my raped and stolen holy land

I had a very spiritual moment in the Badlands (as well as Bear Butte). I went to Bear Butte in pursuit of an awakening and cleansing. I heard a Lakota elder talk about the mountain being for all men, as long as they are there in pursuit of spiritual oneness. I experienced an inner peace and connectedness walking up the mountain trail, in the quiet and stillness. Very, very moving.

But it was in the Badlands around 6:30 am where I found an inner peace that I know reflect on. I saw a woman the week I came back and she is an intuitive spiritual healer and we discussed certain soul fragments that felt safe enough in the Badlands for me to connect with. Really a new and powerful experience for me. I cannot deny the power of that land (at least for me).

ycartrob

QuoteAwesome pics.  Very jealous.  Bear Butte looks wonderful.  I bet the Jacket would sound real good there on the ipod.

I would have liked to have seen at least one picture of you and the wife, though, come on.

you know, I discovered At Dawn out on those plains back in 2002. That open sky and wide open feel. Simply an amazing backdrop for that album.

this year it was Neko Case's "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood". Beautiful.

tomEisenbraun

oh cmon bro. where's the beeeerd?

you should grow it back soon, eh?

ycartrob

Dee.

Wow, nice pictures.  The great outdoors!

TEO

Now I see why you like the Black Hills so much!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tomEisenbraun

oh c'mon you sissy.

(nice preds shirt, by the way)

Chills