Main Menu

Outside.

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Oct 09, 2006, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

WEST SIIIIDDEEEEEEEEE
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

Looks like it's gonna be a no-show! Typical...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

i knew you'd get it db! :D

sorry tom, it's my lame attempt at board humor.  it's only funny if you read the recent posts in the right order, see if ...  oh nevermind.  it really wasn't very funny.  i'm kind of high.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tomEisenbraun

hahaha, i actually found out what happened immediately afterward.

no worries. i think it was actually funnier that i found this thread before what should have necessarily preceded it.

holy crap, i definitely just wrote a paper for my world lit class and am now in that mode of thinking.

ali

(hijacking the thread here for a sec) what books are you reading in your world lit class? (i did a world lit class in grade 12, and read some GREAT books)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

tomEisenbraun

it's mainly following a Norton anthology of world literature, but the paper i just wrote was about Ghalib's Ghizals. We just did a ton of Japanese stuff that I didn't read because I couldn't get into. But we're moving into romantic literature. Did a little Rousseau. Moving on to Dostoevsky before too long. We'll be doing a bit more French and Russian stuff for this section, I think.

What were your favorites?

megisnotreal

QuoteLooks like it's gonna be a no-show! Typical...

Too bad, boys.  :(

ali

we did:

germinal - emile zola
like water for chocolate - laura esquivel
chronicle of a death foretold - gabriel garcia marquez
the outsider - albert camus
farewell my concubine - lillian lee
an artist of the floating world - kazuo ishiguro

it was a final year high school subject, so definitely not as in depth as your course, but it was still one of my favourite subjects.

i started reading crime & punishment a while back, but it got very intense & disturbing so i gave it a rest.... i think of the books we studied, the outsider was probably my favourite. i'd never read a nihilist book before, so it was a fairly interesting experience. germinal was also good, very gritty stuff

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotewe did:

germinal - emile zola
like water for chocolate - laura esquivel
chronicle of a death foretold - gabriel garcia marquez
the outsider - albert camus
farewell my concubine - lillian lee
an artist of the floating world - kazuo ishiguro

it was a final year high school subject, so definitely not as in depth as your course, but it was still one of my favourite subjects.

i started reading crime & punishment a while back, but it got very intense & disturbing so i gave it a rest.... i think of the books we studied, the outsider was probably my favourite. i'd never read a nihilist book before, so it was a fairly interesting experience. germinal was also good, very gritty stuff

The Outsider is a great book.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

primushead

I'm confused.

Can someone explain this to me?

I'm too lazy to look over the other posts.

ali

it started off as a joke, but i slightly hijacked the thread by talking about books... sorry to confuse ya ph  :)

FarmerYoda

i'm still confused.

primushead

Quoteit started off as a joke, but i slightly hijacked the thread by talking about books... sorry to confuse ya ph  :)

Nah, that's ok.  

I'm going to retaliate within the hour though....muahahahahah. 8)

BH

i'm just out here for a smoke.  did anyone ever see the fight?

it's a beautiful night.

dragonboy

Nothing happened...
I hung about for a bit waiting for things to kick off but it was a no show.
Some kids high on PCP came by on their BMX's & one of them looked at me kinda funny but that was it  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.