Main Menu

So...lame.

Started by primushead, Oct 10, 2006, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

Ok, so my parents started up an insurance plan for me on Blue Cross/Shield a couple of months ago.  In accordance with the plan, I had to take a quick medical exam which consisted of the usual (heart check, breathing check, etc.) and a urine test.

The guy administering it said that the piss test was only to check for AIDS - nothing else.

Anyway, I get a call today from my mom that says I'm not a preferred customer, but rather I was assigned as a standard customer, which means $25 more dollars a month.  "Why, I asked?"  

"Because you tested positive for Marijuana".  So she gave me the guilt trip about how I shouldn't do drugs...blah blah blah.

But, isn't that fucked up?  I signed a form when I did the exam, and I didn't see ANYTHING on there about a drug test.  

Anyway, my Mom is pissed (luckily, I've 'partied' with my Dad a couple of times, so he's secretly got my back. )  and I have to pay half of the insurance now a month...which is like $60 that I'd rather not afford.

Damn you, Insurance!!!! >:( >:( >:(

FarmerYoda

i smell a law suit.

that really blows though. i'm sorry for that...

primushead

Quotei smell a law suit.

I was for real thinking about that.  Doesn't that infringe on privacy or something?  Especially if I didn't sign for it?

aMD

a piss test for AIDS? to get insurance?  shoulda sniffed that one, man.  that does suck though.

primushead

Quotea piss test for AIDS? to get insurance?  shoulda sniffed that one, man.  that does suck though.

I thought it sounded sketch, but that's exactly what it said on the form too.  So I thought it was legit.

aMD

damn, that's shitty.
i've failed two piss tests in my life and still got the job anyway both times.

primushead

Quotedamn, that's shitty.

Yeah, I've always passed those tests with flying colors, for two jobs.  But, then again, I knew about them and planned accordingly.

Damn piss tests.  Gay.

FarmerYoda

Quotedamn, that's shitty.

you should've studied.

buh dumm chhhh...
( my dad used this joke today because he had a colonoscopy test... "i can't fail this one tomorow! i should've studied harder!!! i'm so nervous!" i responded with a blank stare...)

:-/

primushead

That was so corny I could shuck it.

Zing!

BH

all you have to do is quit for two weeks and do it again thru a different insurance.  i have done several of these life insurance tests and never had a problem.  they are usually more worried about tobacoo than anything else.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

and don't worry, i am only going to charge you 10 bucks a month for the advice ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

Thanks BH.  You're so kind 8)

Yeah, I've definitely been looking around at different providers.  I just have to convince my parents.  We'll see what happens.

Hawkeye

I once failed 3 of these in about 4 months...had to go to classes for one job, cost me from getting another job...so I feel ur pain as far as the lameness goes...that does suck that you didn't know they were testing you...
8) LEGALIZE IT ALREADY!!!  8)
We could.

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

megisnotreal

I lost a job once b/c I tested positive for marijuana. It was at a grocery store, of all places. WTF? It's not like I was operating heavy machinery or anything like that.

It was weak.

Super weak.

I feel your pain, man.

ratsprayer

back in the day (1999, i think) i applied for GTE which is now verizon.  they had tests and shit that i had to take as part of the application process which included a typing test and test screen calls to see how you'd handle the job, and i was told i tested the highest of anyone ever, yet i failed to get the job because of my positive marihuana test.  

bitches.

primushead

megisnotreal

so... weak.  :-/

ratsprayer

so......jewish.

:-/ :-/ :-/

megisnotreal

so... bunk.
:-/ :-/ :-/