Mikes CustomTaxidermy

Started by ycartrob, Nov 06, 2006, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

I thought this was a joke, stuff like this makes me sick  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

if the animals in question are killed with a puropse of utilising the food they offer, then i see no problem with taxidermy.  hunting purely for sport is pretty ridiculous, in my humble opinion.  

most of these images on the site look pretty tastefully done.

EC

yes.  i'm sure the cape buffalo was killed for food.  the cougar, all the the elk and the deer, the zebra, the mountain lion, and the kentucky state elk.

here are some nice quotes:
"Ingrid Pooles Kentucky Elk. The first first wild elk killed in KY in more than 100 years by a woman."

"Turkey season is here! See the latest in turkey mounts under the Mounts tab, bird catagory and under North American Game"

"Conservation and the protection and promotion of hunting have always been a high priority to the company."

and then this, though: "That fall with the help and support of many friends, clients and associates Mike's Custom Taxidermy became the first company to collect and distribute venison to the needy. Hunters for the Hungry has grown and spread across the nation."

Which is cool.  I guess.  

Mike, however, is a life member of the NRA.  I suppose you have to be if you're a taxidermist.

Yeah, I don't dig it.

megisnotreal

aren't these the guys that are credited at the end of Okonokos?

Angry Ewok

I see nothing wrong with hunting, taxidermy, misc.

I've never been hunting, and I've never got anything stuffed or mounted... but I find some people's random trophies (such as the Buffalo and Zebra) incredibly fascinating. It's the only reason I go to Woods and Waters.

Why is it that some people are against hunting but not against fishing?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

Three-Headed Deer is always a gem.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

SiOuxTribe

I have no real problem unless they eat every last bit of meat off these animals.  If one bit gets tossed I'm going to taxiderm their asses to be put on display.
  'Homo-Sapien Retardus', sold for $666!!!
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

bug

I don't see a problem with hunting/taxidermy.  I don't really have any interest in it but wildlife populations sometimes grow rapidly and need to be thinned.  I'd rather someone shoot a deer and kill it instantly than let the deer population grow until the land can't sustain them and they starve.  
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

BH

Now we are on the subject that I always thought "It still Moves" was about.  The stuffed bear.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SiOuxTribe

QuoteI don't see a problem with hunting/taxidermy.  I don't really have any interest in it but wildlife populations sometimes grow rapidly and need to be thinned.  I'd rather someone shoot a deer and kill it instantly than let the deer population grow until the land can't sustain them and they starve.  

Lets thin the human population first.
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

bug

I have no problem with thinning the human population to be honest.  We can start with murderers, rapists, child abusers and go from there.  
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

MMJ_fanatic

Quotehttp://www.mikescustomtaxidermy.com/
Hey Tracy since you seem interested in taxidermy--here's a music video you may like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBYz5h3-OqY

Bucket is an amateur taxidemist
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ycartrob

Hey Tracy since you seem interested in taxidermy--here's a music video you may like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBYz5h3-OqY

Bucket is an amateur taxidemist

thanks. Who knew that a stuffed squirrel holding the ace of spades would pull me out of my Tuesday Monday funk...

colleen

i don't know anything about this particular place or taxidermy in general other than thinking it's really creepy, but trophy hunting is heinous, as is the related growing industry of "canned hunts" where animals are fenced in with no chance of escape and used for target practice by idiots like dick cheney.
stand up for the critters!
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

MMJ_fanatic

Quoteidiots like dick cheney.

I love it when people label folks they have absolutely no personal knowledge of.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

colleen

Seeing as mr. c gets paid to work for people like me I can call/label him whatever I like, especially when many of his attitudes and actions, in my humble opinion, do not demonstrate a high level of moral intelligence or regard for various forms of life on this planet (for example, shooting his friend in the face while hunting on a ranch that raises and keeps captive oxygen-deprived quails to make the hunting experience easier, not to mention the human toll of many of his decisions).  Perhaps idiot is not the best choice of words to describe him, because he is "intelligent" in his knowledge of the federal government and his ability to use policies in ways that are largely self-serving, but that doesn't mean much as far as I am concerned. Real intelligence involves foresight and taking responsibility for your actions.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.