College Football!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by sweatboard, Aug 31, 2006, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Boise State is the National Champs in my book!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

QuoteAlabama basically beat Florida... so when Florida beats Ohio State's whimpy ass, it'll pretty much backup everything I've been saying since Day One...

Alabama is the National Champion, again.

You heard it here first, folks.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

aMD

QuoteOSU looked pretty sluggish coming off 52 days of rest.  Maybe they would have been at game speed if they had been playing tournament games in Dec! Anyways, congrats to the national champions: Boise State.  Really, we NEED a tourney here folks.  I'll bet the BCS still ranks OSU higher than Flordia.  They have only lost one and it was a quality loss to Flordia, who to say OSU isn't still the national champion? if we're going to base the best teams on schedules and stats and not on a tourney or wins and losses then it seems that OSU is the logical choice for national champion. Who can make a better case?

That was not a quality loss, that was an ass whipping.  The only loss Florida had was to a legit Auburn team.  And I wouldn't really say that they have been playing in tourney games in Dec.  They played one game the first week of Dec.  I'm not even a Florida fan, in fact I'm a Florida State fan  :'(  but there isn't really a case to make for Ohio State.  Sorry. At least they have good gymnastics...

I don't think you got what I was saying.  I was saying that OSU would have been better off playing tourney games in Dec rather than sitting at home for 52 days(I wasn't saying they were playing tourney games, just the opposite, obivuosly, the Big Ten doesn't even have a championship game which is why they had such a long lay off).  Also, the term "quality loss" refers to how good the team you lost to is, which means OSU's loss to Flordia bodes them more BCS points than Flordia's loss to Auburn's.  If you want to go by margain of victory OSU holds a clear advantage over Flordia since they wiped out everyone they played other than Flordia.  Of course this is all nonsense that we wouldn't even be talking about if they were a tournament, which was my original point.  Get it now?

Oh and OSU's basketball team is currently ranked number five in the nation and the football team was runner-up for the national championship.  So how's FSU's gymnastics team?

Angry Ewok

QuoteI was saying that OSU would have been better off playing tourney games in Dec rather than sitting at home for 52 days.

That's a sorry excuse.

QuoteAlso, the term "quality loss" refers to how good the team you lost to is, which means OSU's loss to Flordia bodes them more BCS points than Flordia's loss to Auburn's.

And you've pretty much said, in masked terms, exactly what SEC fans have been saying for a while.

THE BUCKEYES WERE EXACTLY WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

ycartrob

I heard on ESPN last night that Ohio St is 0-8 life time vs the SEC.

Jon T.

QuoteI heard on ESPN last night that Ohio St is 0-8 life time vs the SEC.

Quality losses I'm sure.

aMD

QuoteI was saying that OSU would have been better off playing tourney games in Dec rather than sitting at home for 52 days.

That's a sorry excuse.

QuoteAlso, the term "quality loss" refers to how good the team you lost to is, which means OSU's loss to Flordia bodes them more BCS points than Flordia's loss to Auburn's.

And you've pretty much said, in masked terms, exactly what SEC fans have been saying for a while.

THE BUCKEYES WERE EXACTLY WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

You root for Alabama, right?  So what sorry excuse do you have for your team?  And by "THE BUCKEYES WERE EXACTLY WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!" do you mean the second best team in the nation or s team that is WAY better than Alabama?

Angry Ewok

QuoteSo what sorry excuse do you have for your team?

What are you talking about? What excuses are needed? We practically pwned everyone.

QuoteAnd by "THE BUCKEYES WERE EXACTLY WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!" do you mean the second best team in the nation or s team that is WAY better than Alabama?

No, that wasn't what I meant. Not at all... 2nd best in the Nation? No way... More like... 5th, tops. That's being nice about it, too.

Do I really have to go and name all of the teams that would make love inside OSU?

aMD

no, don't worry about it.  You obviously don't know what you're talking about when it comes to college football.  All I know is no one would think about firing Jim Tressell after this season.  

Let me just guess the teams you think were better than OSU: Flordia, Tennesse, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Oklahoma State. Those are all the teams that made love inside of Alabama this year. They did have big wins against Duke and Louisiana-Monroe, though.  I can't believe I'm actually giving credence to your crazy assertions by responding to them.

Angry Ewok

Oh, man, I love it. Ohio State got exposed for the frauds they are... by Florida, nonetheless, a team that people were saying didn't even deserve to be in the game in the first place... and the best you've got is throwing MY team's record at me?

;D

How about LSU vs. Ohio State?

:D

How about Georgia, Auburn, or Arkansas?

;D

ycartrob

Let me just guess the teams you think were better than OSU: Flordia, Tennesse, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Oklahoma State. Those are all the teams that made love inside of Alabama this year.

I have to disagree with this assertion you're making aMD. When you lose to Mississippi State, you're getting fucked; there's no making love at all there. You're totally getting fucked.