MMJ/Death Cab Austin City Limits This Weekend

Started by marino13, Jul 16, 2008, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marino13

With all of the new fans, I thought I would give a heads-up on this ACL episode that is re-airing this weekend.  It is from a couple of years ago so it is Z heavy.  And if you've already seen it, definitely worth watching again, right? ;)

http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=208&Itemid=668

DaFunkyPrecedent

SaaaaaWheeeeet.  Always wanted to see this.  What day does it air on PBS?
God damn those shaky knees.

buymycar

I downloaded this to see Death Cab For Cutie perform.

I was curious to hear what MMJ was all about because they were about to open for Pearl Jam.

MMJ blew me away.  They also blew Death Cab off the stage.

The Dondante from this show made me go out and buy Z.

I haven't been the same since.  My face has been melting ever since.

Penny Lane

Death Cab's set at bonnaroo was blahhhhhhhh this year. maybe because it was sunday afternoon? not sure. (or was it?) that weekend was a haze for me. lol i'm kind of bummed i missed derek truck's show to see it
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

QuoteDeath Cab's set at bonnaroo was blahhhhhhhh this year. maybe because it was sunday afternoon? not sure. (or was it?) that weekend was a haze for me.

It wasn't too bad, but I was only able to stay for about 15 minutes or so... but in the same way MMJ blew them off of the stage at Austin City, the same could be said of their Bonnaroo performances. It's really not even fair to compare the two, because their energy isn't even in the same zip code.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

Sweet, I lost this when I changed cable boxes.  Now I shall recapture the magic in HIGH definition.   I used to watch Dondante like I was taking my medicine.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

buymycar

QuoteDeath Cab's set at bonnaroo was blahhhhhhhh this year. maybe because it was sunday afternoon? not sure. (or was it?) that weekend was a haze for me.

It wasn't too bad, but I was only able to stay for about 15 minutes or so... but in the same way MMJ blew them off of the stage at Austin City, the same could be said of their Bonnaroo performances. It's really not even fair to compare the two, because their energy isn't even in the same zip code.

Excellent point.

marino13

QuoteSaaaaaWheeeeet.  Always wanted to see this.  What day does it air on PBS?

http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=5&Itemid=72

It varies by station.  Click on this link and punch in your zip code on the right to get your local station listings.  In some cities it may even air next weekend instead.  

BH

They are also re-running the Ray LaMontagne the week after.  At least here in my parts.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CTdeadhead

bignewt

my tivo says Jackie Gleason. To the moon PBS!  >:(
Don't let your silly dreams,
fall in between the crack of the bed and the wall.

Isobella

A slight breeze could blow death cab off a stage

ycartrob

QuoteA slight breeze could blow death cab off a stage

well done

Hawkeye

We had some strong storms come up RIGHT before this came on and we lost our satellite signal... >:(  I did set it to record, but I don't know how that works: if you lose your signal during the recording, does it somehow still record?  I haven't been home to check, we'll see later tonight.  Ireally hope it still recorded
We could.

Salacious D

QuoteDeath Cab's set at bonnaroo was blahhhhhhhh this year. maybe because it was sunday afternoon? not sure. (or was it?) that weekend was a haze for me. lol i'm kind of bummed i missed derek truck's show to see it
I had a *blast* at the DCFC set at Bonnaroo. Perfect set to end the weekend with for me--but then again, DC is in my top five bands, so I was super excited to see them and I love the new songs.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Dodobird

QuoteDeath Cab's set at bonnaroo was blahhhhhhhh this year. maybe because it was sunday afternoon? not sure. (or was it?) that weekend was a haze for me. lol i'm kind of bummed i missed derek truck's show to see it

Death Cab are good but you need to see them in the right setting and be in the right mood. I saw them at bonnaroo in 06 and was not impressed. it was also an afternoon show. I understand the sunday afternoon bonnaroo haze... MMJ would be one of the few bands that could get my blood pumping again after 3 days of the roo.
Wakin up feelin good and limber!