Schecter Guitars

Started by brkdwnbus, Jan 18, 2007, 06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brkndwnbus

I want to buy a decent electric guitar but don't want to spend a crap load of money yet since I mainly enjoy playing my acoustic, so I was wondering if anyone out there has tried the Schecter CSH-1 or the Schecter Corsair? I have heard great things about these guitars for their prices and for them being an above average electric guitar to start with. Any comments would be greatly appreciated...P.S. A big reason I am asking is because I can't find a local music store around here to try them myself, and a catalog I just received has the CSH-1 marked down from $600 to $399 for like a 2 week sale, so I am getting real tempted to order without playing first...I know not the smartest way, but what a hell of a sale price.

Thanks

Hawkeye

Sorry, don't know anything about this guitar but I'm thinking of getting one myself now!  Seems like a solid guitar and I dig the looks AND it's actually in my price range...thanks for the heads-up!  Anyone played one of these before?
We could.

Jaimoe

Pete Townshend played a few of them in the 80's. That's good enough for me.

evilPaauwe

my friend owns a shector c-1 classic. its a nice guitar. mainly because of THE VINE OF LIFE!!!!!!!

cheers.

DD

find a dealer locally by going to their website so you can play and see what they sound like.

take in a copy of the deal they are offering and get your local dealer to match it.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

brkndwnbus

Nobody local to myself carries these models. Musician's Friend does offer a 45-day return deal for no reason. I was thinking if I didn't like it then I would return it. Can't hurt to do that. The prices just seem to good to pass right now without giving it a shot. As long as you return the guitar within 45 days in the same condition you get a full refund...That Corsair one looks really nice, but so does the CSH-1...damnit.

DD

another thing.  unless you are just SET on getting the schecter you might take that 399 in cash around to local music stores and see what kind of used/new guitar you could get for that money.  i always hit up local places before buying online just in case i find that perfect piece.

the 45 day "anything goes" return policy is pretty nice though.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

brkndwnbus

Yeah, I took in the advice to go around the local places the past couple weeks, but my part of PA lacks big time in decent music stores. The couple that are around here in my area have like 7 guitars total when you go in. If I was back in MD I could take the 20 min trip to Guitar Center and check the guitars out, but here the closest GC is 2hrs. It's not that I'm dead-set on a Schecter, but I just want a solid electric. If I was looking for another Martin Acoustic then I'd be more careful, but electric is something I haven't ventured into much, and I don't want to drop a ton of money on a guitar I may put aside for months while I play the acoustic, so I dunno what to do yet.

evilPaauwe

no love on the vine of life?
cheers.

brkndwnbus

I went ahead and ordered the Corsair. I called Guitar Center, and they said all their stores have to special order it in, so I was unable to test it first, but read a bunch of reviews on it, and, plus, that whole 45-day refund with no questions asked puts me at ease if I decide I don't like it.

Seamus-- Have you thought about which one you may give a try?

Hawkeye

I was looking at the Corsair as well, probably the red one...it sounds like a great guitar, my only concern being the large size of the body...but like you said, that 45 day return policy would allow me to try it out
We could.

brkndwnbus

I really liked the red, but decided upon the sunburst. I was going to drive out near Pittsburgh and give the guitar a shot, but thankfully I called and didn't waste the hr and a half drive in snow to find out that Guitar Center has to special order the Corsair. I ran across some guitar review forums and everyone basically said the same thing about Schecter guitars--for the price range there is no better.

evilPaauwe

!????!?!?!?!???!!!?     come on guys,       can i get some props on the vine of life

cheers.

Tree

Quotemy friend owns a shector c-1 classic. its a nice guitar. mainly because of THE VINE OF LIFE!!!!!!!

Wow this guitar looks very nice. How much did he pay for it?

brkndwnbus

My Corsair came today! Although, the freaking Fedex man left it outside in the snow for who knows how long at the wrong door to my apartment buidling. Instead of coming in the main entrance he went to the entrance facing the main street, which does not lead to any of the apartments by the way, and left it in the snow...Someone could have just walked along the sidewalk and taken it...but it is sweet.

Hawkeye

Hey brkndwnbus, just wondering how the guitar is working out for ya?  Any problems or dislikes so far?  Still thinking about buying one of these, just not sure if it's exactly what I want yet.  
We could.

evilPaauwe

LOVE???????!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!?!?!?????????!!!?!?!????????       no?
cheers.