The "Good News" Thread

Started by The_DARK, Feb 13, 2007, 09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I've had enough of people complaining about so and so dying, constant criticism of the government, and general rants about how the world is coming to an end. In this thread we only post GOOD news. Post about good political news, good deeds by ordinary people, and other things that make you look on the bright side of what's important in the world.

Today North Korea agreed to discontinue their nuclear weapons program. It's nice to know that countries can still sit down at a table and work out all their problems.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

dragonboy

So who's going to sit down with the US now & get them to disarm?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

The DARK

Only good news, dragonboy!

dragonboy

Wouldn't that be the best news ever though?
& they can get rid of 'Axis Of Evil' George W. Bush whilst they're at it.

Fair enough though, does sports news count?
My home town of Reading got into the Premier League last year for the first time in their 135 year history. They've won their last 4 games & are currently 6th on the table!!!
(they play Man U again on Sat though...)
http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=homepage
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

The DARK

Political news is too objective in most cases. North Korea disarmament is an exception.

Sports news most certainly does qualify, though!

Hawkeye

Some REALLY good news lately:
1)  My grandmother, who is hands down the sweetest person alive, does not need to have open heart surgery
2)  My dad's best friend is NOT dying of cancer, like everyone thought he was (including himself).  Turns out he has some rare disorder that is completely treatable.
3)  After 2 1/2 years flying solo, I have an amazing new girlfriend!  She is a very talented artist, totally laid-back, and loves to cook!  I think she might be a keeper.
We could.

.Walt

QuoteSo who's going to sit down with the US now & get them to disarm?

db, no one can get me to disarm...my arms!  
]My left arm is the United.
My right arm is the States.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

dragonboy

Is that a real dude?!!  :o

Great news Seamus, pleased to hear things are working out for you & your family  :)

.Walt

QuoteSome REALLY good news lately:
1)  My grandmother, who is hands down the sweetest person alive, does not need to have open heart surgery
2)  My dad's best friend is NOT dying of cancer, like everyone thought he was (including himself).  Turns out he has some rare disorder that is completely treatable.
3)  After 2 1/2 years flying solo, I have an amazing new girlfriend!  She is a very talented artist, totally laid-back, and loves to cook!  I think she might be a keeper.

she cooks?...then she's a keeper  ;)
oh and thats really a dude.

The DARK

Looks more like a marble statue to me...  ;D

dragonboy

QuoteLooks more like a marble statue to me...  ;D
It's f**king gross, whatever it/he is!!!

Anyway let's try & keep this thread on track shall we?
I was looking out the window earlier today when I saw a bird flying right towards a block of flats. I was pretty sure it was going to crash right into them but it somehow managed to turn right at the last minute, no doubt narrowly escaping certain death. Good news indeed!

dragonboy

Not sure if this is the actual bird but it looks a lot like it:

What is that, a vulture of something?!!

The DARK

Despite the monster line of storms coming through and a tornado watch, there was nothing resembling a tornado in our area.  ::)

Jaimoe

The Toronto Raptors just beat the Bulls in Chicago by one point!!!! The Raps are 3 games up on The Nets for first. Fuck 'Wince' Carter.

Jaimoe

QuoteNot sure if this is the actual bird but it looks a lot like it:

That's a sparrow. I see them every day in the spring, summer and fall.

EAZYE

He sure can throw down a nasty dunk though
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

The DARK

QuoteThe Toronto Raptors just beat the Bulls in Chicago by one point!!!! The Raps are 3 games up on The Nets for first. Fuck 'Wince' Carter.
For me, that belongs on the "Current Complaints" thread. :'(

.Walt

every year my hometown brewery throws a fest, called "bock fest" it gets about 10,000 people. its usually colder than shit, but it going to be around 25 degrees. which is warm since we've been under 0 for weeks now. they have fire pits, bands, and lots and lots of beer.  the brewery itself is the "second oldest, family owned brewery." in the United States   but they said i had to work....but i got out of it   ;)

dragonboy

Hmm pretty sure it's a vulture.
Where's Ratsprayer when you need him?

Jaimoe

Hmm pretty sure it's a vulture.
Where's Ratsprayer when you need him?

I hope you are kidding?