Any conservatives care to defend coulter?

Started by ycartrob, Mar 04, 2007, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Traditional American values are obsolete. I'm not saying we should forget where we came from, but no one should be that ignorant as to think that times and ideas have not changed.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteTraditional American values are obsolete. I'm not saying we should forget where we came from, but no one should be that ignorant as to think that times and ideas have not changed.

Times change yeah--but not necessarily for the better. I mean I hear about chronic child molesters getting probation because judges don't  agree with mandatory sentencing.  The whole reason mandatory sentencing was created was to help judges remember what branch of government they're in--judicial NOT legislative.  Do you really want the guy who traumatized your little sister walking around beacause some activist judge thinks he is better off being "rehabilitated"?  I don't.  This is just an example of how disturbing the whole "anything goes" attitude is bringing down this country in my opinion.  
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteTraditional American values are obsolete. I'm not saying we should forget where we came from, but no one should be that ignorant as to think that times and ideas have not changed.

Times change yeah--but not necessarily for the better. I mean I hear about chronic child molesters getting probation because judges don't  agree with mandatory sentencing.  The whole reason mandatory sentencing was created was to help judges remember what branch of government they're in--judicial NOT legislative.  Do you really want the guy who traumatized your little sister walking around beacause some activist judge thinks he is better off being "rehabilitated"?  I don't.  This is just an example of how disturbing the whole "anything goes" attitude is bringing down this country in my opinion.  

That just makes for a poor judge, it doesn't make mandatory sentencing a good idea. Is it a good idea when someone gets arrested with an eighth of pot and then gets 10 years in Prison? No, it's not. It's just stupid.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...