New Fan + Board Member

Started by Kel, Mar 09, 2007, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kel

I cannot believe it has taken me this long to get into My Morning Jacket.  One of my friends (a smart one) decided it was a good time to play me their music.  They are simply amazing.  A breath of fresh air.  

Hello everyone!

ratsprayer

greetings.

take your shoes off, stay a while.

Kel

i'm a barefoot kind of gal.  

and i plan on it ;)

Mr. T.

A very warm welcome Kel! Have fun
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

dragonboy

Hey Kel, good to have you aboard!  :)
Which CD did your friend play for you?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TEO

Welcome to the club! You are gonna' LOVE it.   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

peanut butter puddin surprise

cheers!

"with bourbon, it doesn't matter if the bottle is half full or half empty.  when it's half empty, you're too drunk to care, and when it's half full, you'll still have half of a bottle to get drunk on."
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Angry Ewok

In that case, I'll take a Half-glass full.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Kel

QuoteHey Kel, good to have you aboard!  :)
Which CD did your friend play for you?

Z

I still have to listen to their other CD's, however, he just played them for me probably around 2 weeks ago.  On first listen, I knew they were going to be a band that I will love.  Suggest which album I should check out next, please!

:D

Kel

Also, you guys are really nice!  I've been to other BB's where they aren't so welcoming.  Take care and have a great day.

megisnotreal

glad to make your interweb-accquaintence, kel. welcome to the board. nice to see another lady in the mix.

i recommend the entire mmj catalouge. but here's where i would start exploring all things jacket:

at dawn

okonokos is killer, too. that would be a good primer for you.  hell, they're all amazing.

Ghosts_on_TV

i recommend the entire mmj catalouge.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Kel

trust me, my intentions are to explore their entire catalog!  i usually ease myself into it though, one album at a time.  i like fully immersing myself in them!

haha, i'm so excited about them.  it's like the beginning of a new relationship.

....ok, i'm done gushing now.  thank you for all of your suggestions AND your warm welcomes.  i look forward to talking to you all.

red

It'll be a long-term relationship, trust me.  8-)

Kel

QuoteIt'll be a long-term relationship, trust me.  8-)

i don't doubt that.  pinback might start getting jealous of my new man though  :-?

red

Quotei don't doubt that.  pinback might start getting jealous of my new man though  :-?
Rob Crow and co. need to learn that you need some space!

Kel

i think that we just can all share!

Jon T.

I think I speak for most people in saying, "oh how I envy you".