American Mustache Institute interview

Started by leafygreens, Jul 31, 2008, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leafygreens

I came across this American Mustache Interview with Jim James on the 'webs today.

Haven't looked at this forum in a while, so apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/MustacheInterviews.aspx

Penny Lane

OMG --MY POLICY DIFFERS IN THAT I DON'T SEE THE BEARD AS HURTING THE MUSTACHE - ONLY A DIFFERENT SHADE FROM GOD'S HAIRY TOOL PALLETTE. love it
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Love Dogg

Q: John Leckie produced Z as well as ........Two questions: Did he ever smack you in the butt and say, "Good job Tiger!"........

A: I THINK IT WOULD BE HARD TO SMACK SOMEONE INSIDE OF THEIR BUTT, BUT HE NEVER TRIED..........
;D
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

YouAre_GivenToFly

"I DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ABOUT OUR MUSIC. THE THING I REALLY WANT THEM TO REMEMBER IS THAT WE WERE HAIRY. THAT'S WHY WE STARTED THIS GANGSTA' SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE."

;D
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

BH

This is the greatest interview by anyone, for anyone, ever.  Period.

I am particularly fond of this exchange......

Q: AMI puts on the greatest event known to mankind, 'Stache Bash, in St. Louis each year. Even though your manager has already turned us down – why don't you override him on this one. As an act of kindness in that you'd be supporting a baseball league for handicapped children (Challenger Baseball), why don't you come headline the show this year on Oct. 25? We promise to buy you breakfast at Denny's. The Grand Slam baby! We promise.

A: DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON OCTOBER 25TH? WE LEAVE FOR LONDON THAT DAY! DOH! I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY YOUR 'STACHE BASH, BUT I ALREADY GOT THEM PLANS. DO YOU DO TWO 'STACHE BASHES IN A YEAR EVER? KINDA LIKE THE "SEMI-ANNUAL LINCOLNS BIRTHDAY SALE?" LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN SOMETIME.

I am a little confused however.  How are the boys going to be in London and performing the Fall Southern/Midwest leg of their tour at the same time?

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

This interview is quote gold!
"ALL THINGS, WHETHER IT BE A PLANT, OR A ROCK, OR A BEAR, OR DAVE NAVARO, HAVE THE SAME POTENTIAL."
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Crispy

I am a little confused however.  How are the boys going to be in London and performing the Fall Southern/Midwest leg of their tour at the same time?

Hey BH, you are aware that October is the 10th month? ;) Sorry, just had to give you some shite. Looks like the fall leg is over on October 10th.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

Hey BH, you are aware that October is the 10th month? ;) Sorry, just had to give you some shite. Looks like the fall leg is over on October 10th.

I'm talking about the fall part of the tour that hasn't been anounced yet.  You know the one, that is going to St. Louis, Memphis, etc.... ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

QuoteThis interview is quote gold!
"ALL THINGS, WHETHER IT BE A PLANT, OR A ROCK, OR A BEAR, OR DAVE NAVARO, HAVE THE SAME POTENTIAL."

Seriously, this is the best quote ever!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Crispy

I'm talking about the fall part of the tour that hasn't been anounced yet.  You know the one, that is going to St. Louis, Memphis, etc.... ;)
Oh, that one! The one where they'll be playing at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, Oklahoma!  :D

mjkoehler

Oh, that one! The one where they'll be playing at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, Oklahoma!  :D
That would be the same one. I had to send out for a bucket of chicken to sacrafice at the Joboo idol

buymycar

That would be the same one. I had to send out for a bucket of chicken to sacrafice at the Joboo idol

That's Allstate's stand.  Are you in good hands?

vespachick

"A GUY NAMED JOHN CALLAHAN FROM PORTLAND, OREGON. HIS ALBUM IS AWESOME."

Wow, this John Callahan guy is my neighbor.  I didn't know he did music - he is a noted cartoonist as well as one nutty (but cool) dude.  It only took a year before I could get him say hello to me (he's a bit of an eccentric)!! His cat is psycho - but she's a calico so it's expected. ;)

vespachick

Hey Crispy,
Do yourself a favor and go check out the Avett Brothers on 9/10 at Cain's Ballroom.  You can thank me later. :o

Crispy

Hey Crispy,
Do yourself a favor and go check out the Avett Brothers on 9/10 at Cain's Ballroom.  You can thank me later. :o
Will do - and I'll thank you now!

mjkoehler

That's Allstate's stand.  Are you in good hands?

Oddly enough, everytime I see those commericals I have to look for schematics and vents/duck work to crawl through to save the day.

easy way

HA!!! Kermit the frog as a delicious dinner as well as an american hero...good stuff.  ;D
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

freeport

Great interview!!!!!

I'll hold onto this one for Moustache March '09 ;D