Vacations, Holidays & Travels

Started by dragonboy, Mar 23, 2006, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree

my italy trip was last week and it was wonderful. the weather was great and the wine was good! :)

here some of my pics:

Venice:

TAXI

Peschiera del Garda

crazy "rollercoaster" in gardaland

5 l bottle of wine. funny night...

primushead

I'll be going to housesit my Grandparents vacation house very soon.  It's located less than a mile from Bath (the oldest town in NC and former home to Blackbeard the pirate...arrrrr).

It's about my favorite place in the entire world.  Here's some shots from a few years ago:

Then we'll be going to Okracoke for a day, located on the outer banks.  Last time I was there, I got to drive on the beach.  It was SWEET.

ycartrob

Mr T, 2 thumbs up on your signature

A perfect circle of acquaintances and friends

ali

YAY!

off to london tonight - see ya all in about 4 weeks......
 :-*
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

Take care & have a great time Ali!
& let us know all about it when you get back  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jaimoe

I just got back from France. I had a great time. Drank lots of blanc vin (sec) et beaucoup pints of Kronenberg 1664. Oh yeah, I spent six days in Paris, one in Tours, another in Biarritz and one Avignon. The French people were really friendly and the food was pretty good too. The history and architecture is overwhelming and I love the compactness of the towns and cities. Ugly urban-sprawl has not infested France yet.

I can't really speak French, but being Canadian helps since we're at least familiar and comfortable around the language. It also helps if english tourists ask the "right" questions, especially:  "Parlez-vous anglais". Some Parisians get their nose out of joint if you assume they speak english before asking if they do first.

dragonboy

Hey Ali, welcome back!!!
How was your trip?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ali

hey! thanks! i had an absolutely amazing time.... busy downloading the photos (i took over 2000) so i might sort out a few to show you all... everywhere i went was having a heat wave (in england it was really a "heat wave" - between 27 - 30 degrees, so not that stinking hot!! my rellies were all not coping with the heat, but i thought it was great)

some piccies - a few of the highlights...

london as seen from the deck of the tate modern

boat-loads of singing/beering swedes on the spree in berlin

whatthe?

ronchamp du haut - amazing chapel in france

view of the village where i stayed in switzerland, from halfway up the Eiger

florence

castelvecchio, verona - my favourite building

st peters, roma

ali

if anyone has any pointers, i'd like to try and set up a website to put all my pics on.... any suggestions?

ratsprayer

Quoteif anyone has any pointers, i'd like to try and set up a website to put all my pics on.... any suggestions?

photobucket will set you up with a pretty decent amout of bandwidth in the beginning, and it increases the longer you have the account.

dragonboy

Great pics Ali, pleased you had a good time  :)

CC

photobucket will set you up with a pretty decent amout of bandwidth in the beginning, and it increases the longer you have the account.

www.flickr.com is cool too.

Dee.

Lovely pics, Ali.  I especially like the one in Florence.  V'pretty.

Chills

EC

looks like you had a nice time!  glad you're home safe. :)

wordawg

Egypt generally, Luxor specifically.

Amsterdam is way cool.
the future is Ginger

dragonboy

Just got back from Hawaii yesterday.
Needless to say we had an excellent trip. We went whale watching for the first time & were lucky enough to see quite a few whales. The most amazing thing was a mother teaching her calf to breach. The mother jumped once & the calf just went crazy, leaping out of the water over & over again.
One of the most amazing experiences of my life!

Jaimoe

For those afraid to travel to Toronto in the winter (i.e. Americans from the South and Europeans), this is certainly the winter to come here. Right now it's 10 Celcius and it won't be getting any colder until the middle of the month. No snow and mainly sunny skys for January. Yes, the world is fucked.

megisnotreal

QuoteJust got back from Hawaii yesterday.
Needless to say we had an excellent trip. We went whale watching for the first time & were lucky enough to see quite a few whales. The most amazing thing was a mother teaching her calf to breach. The mother jumped once & the calf just went crazy, leaping out of the water over & over again.
One of the most amazing experiences of my life!

I'm so glad you had a good time!
:)

dragonboy

Thanks Meg! I'm suffering from post-holiday blues today, haha!
Roll on June!!!