Cinco De Mayo

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Apr 30, 2007, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Anyone drinking tequila this weekend?  

A friend of mine is having the boys over on Saturday for De La Hoya/Mayweather(edit spelling!)/Tequila.  

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

Same day as Derby day this year!  

Also De La Hoya -vs- Mayweather is that night!!

Plus, Alan's coming home for Derby!!!

Yea, I'd say I'm going to have a good cinco de mayo!!!!

ycartrob

The last time I drank tequila was in 1986....

It was a poorly planned evening (as usual) as I was starting a new job the next morning at 9. It was right when 2 Fingers Tequila came out and they had these real cool black bottles. So, we were like, "That looks cool to drink" and we commenced to doing shots in my bedroom, and, the next thing I know, I woke up at 10 AM and there were lime rinds all over my room, practically a beach of salt on the hardwood floor, and the fan in my room (one of those small desk fans) was on the floor, with a blade missing, and the base was revolving in a circle around the 2 blades (sort of hard to explain) and I had a gash down the bridge of my nose that had dried and stuck to my pillow case.

So, to answer your question, I won't be drinking tequila over the weekend.

megisnotreal

the last time i drank tequila was over two years ago. lesson learned: do not take xanax and drink tequila. this is not a good call. ever.

sweatboard

tequilla has a bad aftertaste..........puke.
There's Still Time.........

BH

QuoteThe last time I drank tequila was in 1986....

It was a poorly planned evening (as usual) as I was starting a new job the next morning at 9. It was right when 2 Fingers Tequila came out and they had these real cool black bottles. So, we were like, "That looks cool to drink" and we commenced to doing shots in my bedroom, and, the next thing I know, I woke up at 10 AM and there were lime rinds all over my room, practically a beach of salt on the hardwood floor, and the fan in my room (one of those small desk fans) was on the floor, with a blade missing, and the base was revolving in a circle around the 2 blades (sort of hard to explain) and I had a gash down the bridge of my nose that had dried and stuck to my pillow case.

So, to answer your question, I won't be drinking tequila over the weekend.

;D  But if you wouldn't have drank tequila that night, I wouldn't be laughing right now!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

I agree with Tracy. I will NOT be drinking Tequila. And Brian is right, the after taste is puke. I think Tracy's story beats mine, but I'm pretty close.

Last time I touched the filthy, evil stuff was HS graduation. Don't remember too much other then I can NEVER drink Tequila again, or rum or eat Salsa Rio Doritos. I woke up 3 days later with a garbage bag on my head, a missing person's call into the police, and the worst hangover in the world, and I think my butt hurt. That last one's a rumor.....Jose is a very bad man.

TEO

I have not done a shot of liquor in over a year!   :) (when you fall down and hit your head on a piece of concrete that leaves somewhat of a lasting impression).   ;)  I suppose bh I could promise to stay seated?   :D
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Or maybe get a walker! ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Just wear a Bike helmet and maybe some elbow pads. ;D

rugbird

I got some cheap old Mezcal at work (a liqour warehouse), man that stuff is trippy.  And the burps are like from eatin shrooms.

One hat trick (bong shot beer) and Im ready for dog walking! :)

ratsprayer

i'll be drinking german beer and smoking sweet green southern ohio.  not exactly a mexican theme, but oh well...

ycartrob

Quotei'll be drinking german beer and smoking sweet green southern ohio.  not exactly a mexican theme, but oh well...

nice one!

Kel

i absolutely cannot drink tequila!!!

MarkW

Spent some time in Mexico, and enjoyed both tequila and mezcal.  Tried to stick to añejo or reposado for sippin' rather than white/gold tequila shots with lime.

Even sipping expensive añejo can cause accidents, though.  There's a bar in Guadalajara to which I can never return...  :-/

Have a great day, guys: Derby / de la Hoya / Cinco all in one?  Gonna be some sore heads tomorrow.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

aMD

begin recovery... now.

what a night!  damn.

does anyone else hearing a slow dull echo reverberating around the base of your skull or is that just me?

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotebegin recovery... now.

what a night!  damn.

does anyone else hearing a slow dull echo reverberating around the base of your skull or is that just me?

I don't even remember what I did last night.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

bethofftherecord

I stayed up to late.  My brother never came home.  I wonder where he is????  I am glad I did not drink tequila.  I'm in a foggy haze.
nothing can be changed except ourselves

Jenny

the police made their way to the party i was at! i climbed the fence and tore my hand up, but at least that's the worst of my troubles...

.Walt

Quotebegin recovery... now.

what a night!  damn.

I don't even remember what I did last night.

did you lose any friends?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction