Sparky goes under the knife (again)

Started by ycartrob, May 17, 2007, 03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Back in May 2005, our beloved Corgi mix Sparky
had a herniated disc that caused paralysis in his
back 2 legs. He had corrective surgery and has
been fine and healthy for the past 2 years.
Until, last night, when his back legs
"went out on him", and after being up
all night and day, to 3 different vets, he has
another herniated disc in his back and will
be going into surgery this afternoon. (which will
cost about the same as seeing the White Stripes over 100 times).

So, please send prayers, karma, energy,
all just good ol vibes to Sparky here in Nashville.      
PEACE

megisnotreal

sweatboard

Oh no.  I thought you ment you were walking Sparky around the neighborhood when the White Stripes tickets went on sale.  Knoxville is sending good Sparky Vibes your way.  Good Luck Sparky, We Love You. :-*
There's Still Time.........

vespachick

Me and Mack are sending tons of good vibes to Sparky...
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

QuoteOh no.  I thought you ment you were walking Sparky around the neighborhood when the White Stripes tickets went on sale.  Knoxville is sending good Sparky Vibes your way.  Good Luck Sparky, We Love You. :-*

well, at this point, I'd rather walk Sparkums around the block than see anyone play, especially after watching him drag himself around the floor in pain this morning.

Unless, of course, it was Hey Girl at Altamont...

SMc55

Hope all goes well for the little chap.

corey

Ohhh... my.

I'm sorry, Tracy. Best to you, LA, and good ol' Sparky.

I'm gonna go give my dog a hug now.

Jenny

that's devastating
i'm sorry.
good luck!

red

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

JacketGal

All the best to Sparky. What a cutie!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Dee.

Sparky appears to be a grand champion.

Best wishes!!

ali

sorry to hear that tracy - lots of love to you & the little guy for a full recovery!!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

EC

Sparky is a Ninja Warrior.  He'll be ok, Trace, no doubt in my mind.  I'm sorry about the worry, though, and the poor little guy having to have pain.  Doesn't seem fair.  Keep us updated, please!!  xoxoxoxox  Best vibes heading south to Nashville maintenant!

sweatboard

ycartrob

QuoteHow did the surgery go?

So far, so good. He comes back home Tuesday. He's on copious amounts of pain killers; hopefully he has some good tunes to listen to.

sweatboard

Ha, take him some Dan Deacon.....and save some of those pain pills.

corey

That's great news.

Since this has happened a few times, did they give you any warning signs to look for so that this might not happen again? Or is there any way to prevent it?

ycartrob

QuoteThat's great news.

Since this has happened a few times, did they give you any warning signs to look for so that this might not happen again? Or is there any way to prevent it?

The vet says this happens to your smaller, long bodied dogs (dauchsands, corgis, etc...). You can try to prevent them from launching themselves from chairs, beds, etc...but somethimes there's nothing to do to prevent it b/c there's so little support in between their front/back legs.