African Watering Hole Live Feed

Started by Kel, Mar 26, 2007, 12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kel

Quotei saw it!!!! finally, justice

YAY!  There were two, but one left pretty much right after I said something.  The other one bailed shortly thereafter.

.Walt

the rhino is back...but kel, did you see dr. dog?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

BH

A flock of rhinos!

I was starting to wonder if this was a joke, and in a couple weeks they would pull the camera back to reveal that it's just a retention pond at a mall in Kansas.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

bethofftherecord

There were a lot of animals a few seconds ago and some crazy sounds like there might be a fight!  Then it got real quiet.  This is really cool!  
nothing can be changed except ourselves

Kel

Quotethe rhino is back...but kel, did you see dr. dog?

Yes, I did and OH MY GOD they were great.  They rocked my face off.

Then we got to talk to them just for a few minutes after their set.  Really down to earth guys.  Overall, it was a great night!

Kel

QuoteA flock of rhinos!

I was starting to wonder if this was a joke, and in a couple weeks they would pull the camera back to reveal that it's just a retention pond at a mall in Kansas.

I'm glad you got to see something!

Kel

.Walt

Quotethe rhino is back...but kel, did you see dr. dog?

Yes, I did and OH MY GOD they were great.  They rocked my face off.

Then we got to talk to them just for a few minutes after their set.  Really down to earth guys.  Overall, it was a great night!

i showed up early, to see if i had to do anything special since i order my tickets the day of the show. and the band was at the bar when i walked in, and i talked to Frank for a little while. but Old Styles were getting drank. heavily.

.Walt

Quotewhoa more elephants!!
i had it on my computer in class tonight, and nothing happened for an hour and a half. and now elephants...yesssss!

Kel

i had it on my computer in class tonight, and nothing happened for an hour and a half. and now elephants...yesssss!

did you see that one spray water, getting all mad at that rhino?

also, did you enjoy the show?

.Walt

no i didn't see that, thats funny!!

and the show, it was a blast. although i didn't enjoy the history lesson on the lower east side of new york by the opening band. i mean, i get it, you're from new york.  did they give that lesson in chicago? but dr. dog was awesome!! i definitely will see them again. oh and the second band was good too

colleen

This is so great! I really regret not going to the bush when I spent some time in South Africa. These sounds alone make me want to go back.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

Kel

and the show, it was a blast. although i didn't enjoy the history lesson on the lower east side of new york by the opening band. i mean, i get it, you're from new york.  did they give that lesson in chicago? but dr. dog was awesome!! i definitely will see them again.

was bobby bare jr. the opener?  that's who it was for us.  And I had to miss the opener because my friends that I was attending the dr. dog show with had a show of their own that night!  they literally played, took their stuff down, we hopped in a cab, then got there just in time for the dr. dog set.  it was fun though!

.Walt

and the show, it was a blast. although i didn't enjoy the history lesson on the lower east side of new york by the opening band. i mean, i get it, you're from new york.  did they give that lesson in chicago? but dr. dog was awesome!! i definitely will see them again.

was bobby bare jr. the opener?  that's who it was for us.  And I had to miss the opener because my friends that I was attending the dr. dog show with had a show of their own that night!  they literally played, took their stuff down, we hopped in a cab, then got there just in time for the dr. dog set.  it was fun though!

he was the second act. they rocked...loudly (of course the place was really small) i never got the name of the first band. and thanks for reminding me what the second band was, i forgot.

and going from one show to another, hopping in a cab, and just making it in time... thats rock n' roll!!

dragonboy

I swear the animals have gotten wise to the fact that they were on camera & are all drinking at the adjacent watering hole...so much noise but still not a single animal  :-/
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

QuoteI swear the animals have gotten wise to the fact that they were on camera & are all drinking at the adjacent watering hole...so much noise but still not a single animal  :-/

i have it on as well, and when i hear some noise, i'll switch to the site, and nothing  to see. i agree, they know whats up. but as i wrote this a wild boar is walking up.

dragonboy

Quotebut as i wrote this a wild boar is walking up.
Either you're messing with my head & it was never there or it's gone now.
Are those power lines in the background? You sure this isn't a set up?  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

Quotebut as i wrote this a wild boar is walking up.
Either you're messing with my head & it was never there or it's gone now.
Are those power lines in the background? You sure this isn't a set up?  ;)

i think those are powerlines too. i take it you haven't seen an animal yet?

dragonboy

Not yet...but the anticipation alone is exciting.

Here's hoping my first animal won't be something shit like a springbok  ;)