Man, I'm kinda down...

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, Jun 14, 2007, 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Not like, super down or anything, but down nonetheless. Anymore I'm constantly thinking about being a better person, making myself better. But I never do anything about it. I can be a total asshole sometimes...I don't mean to be though. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself...ok, rant over. Sorry peeps.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Kel

HEY GUESS WHAT?  I'm the exact same way.....like, EXACT.

I am constantly getting down on myself for not having more hobbies, doing more with my life, learning more new things, etc etc.  But then I don't do anything about it.

HOWEVER, life is full of ups and downs, fast times and slow times...Just try to stay happy even during the slower times or the bad times.  Yes, you have to make things happen for yourself.....But we can't do that every waking moment of our lives!

Maybe I look at things too lightheartedly though, I don't know.

Ghosts_on_TV

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm ok, just a bit off at the moment. The fucked up thing is that I'm well aware that if you want to do something, you just have to go and do it, and that is the hardest part of it all. Which after that you go 'Wow, that wasn't that hard..." Yet I still don't. It bothers me. And it seems like My life on a weekly basis is on a constant loop from week to week...starting and ending, starting and ending...It gets me dizzy sometimes. But all in all, I'm ok.

Kel

yeah, i hear you.  we are pretty much alike in that aspect. i'm totally happy...but...there are things that i need to come to terms with.

we talked about this before though.  the "young adult" years.  oi vey.

ManNamedTruth

i'm totally with you guys on this. i'm at the age of 25, and not much to show for. life has been monotnous but i have to figure out soon when i'm gonna do with myself. its like a quarter-life crisis if there is such a thing.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Kel

Quotei'm totally with you guys on this. i'm at the age of 25, and not much to show for. life has been monotnous but i have to figure out soon when i'm gonna do with myself. its like a quarter-life crisis if there is such a thing.

haha, that's actually what I call it.  I am currently in school, randomly taking classes when I can....I only have 25 credit hours under my belt!  Oi vey!  But what's important is that I'm happy AND I currently work somewhere I love (for a non profit mentoring organization).  I've always had a hard time going back to school because there are so many things that I want to do: interior design, work with animals, photography, cooking, teaching, music, environmental work, etc etc.  I narrowed it down to what I want to do with my life and choose the rest as hobbies or smaller goals.....like taking some cooking classes.  I don't know, there's so much that I want to learn that I think I almost feel overwhelmed - so I don't do any of them.  Part of me also has the whole "Maybe I'll fail at it" issue, so that's another hurdle.

And yet another hurdle is money, and also where I live.  I feel like if I lived in a bigger city and there was more oppurtunity in the area, I would be more likely to take it.  And it probably doesn't help I live in the town I grew up in (I've moved away twice but somehow found my way back both times).  Kinda makes you feel like your personal growth is being stunted.

SMc55

I think it's hard realising life isn't always that great. It's a wonderful gift to appreciate what you have without hankering after what you don't have/can't do. I'm not there yet but I get it sometimes. You can tell when people have it. They seem to have boring lives and underpaid jobs and just glow with contentment. They're often the most giving people as well. That's how I want to be when I grow up.

Sleazy Rider

No matter how your feeling inside remember, we're all beautiful people livin' in a beautiful world. It takes the contrast of ugly feelings, violence and all that shit to make it that way. you'll prolly feel ok tomorrow.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

Ghosts_on_TV

I was actually considering not making this thread when I made it, cause I didn't want to sound like a whiny bitch. But I'm glad I did. Everything everyone had to say so far is exactly how I feel. I understand we are all in it together, it's good to let it out sometimes though! Thanks guys n gals.  8-)

SMc55

QuoteI understand we are all in it together, it's good to let it out sometimes though!
That's a great way to put it.
Hope you're feeling better soon ghost guy  :)

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI understand we are all in it together, it's good to let it out sometimes though!
That's a great way to put it.
Hope you're feeling better soon ghost guy  :)

I'm always good. In the end I laugh at how absurd life can be sometimes. Thanks so much though!

joey_rogo

some good words in this thread.

i'm pretty much having the worst summer of my still young life, i guess it can only go up from here.

SMc55

Quotesome good words in this thread.

i'm pretty much having the worst summer of my still young life, i guess it can only go up from here.
Sending good vibes to you Joey  :)

colleen

Quotesome good words in this thread.

Sending good vibes to you Joey  :)

the good news is that summer hasn't even officially begun, so maybe in the next few days things will turn around a bit to start it off on a better note. you've got time!
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

TEO

You will not be "down" next weekend! ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteYou will not be "down" next weekend! ;)

Not at all! I can't wait!

Kel

i wish i could go!  dang!

Ghosts_on_TV

i wish i could go!  dang!

It's gonna be awesome. I wish you could go too.

ali

i've been feeling a bit crap lately (pretty much the last six months really) as well... i hate the feeling that really the only thing in my life that is kind of sorted is my job, and my situation at home has been really impacting badly on that ... i've probably cried more in the last six months than i have for years - had a big sob session with my best friend a few weeks ago, then my other flatmate came home & gave me a big hug which did make me feel a bit better...

i'm generally a positive person, but i hate that lately i just feel like shit... things really can only get better from here on in

:-/
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Jenny

it's all about accepting the negative and positive as equal. they're both just "things".  embracing them as equals is obviously much easier said than done, but i think it it leads to a much healthier life...