Current Goals

Started by ratsprayer, Jul 28, 2007, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

i always think that having new year's resolutions are a bit wonky since we all probably have goals at any part of the year that we want to accomplish.  share them here and let's make this a sanctuary of good vibes to help our fellow jacketeers achieve their goals.  discuss....

ratsprayer

my current goals:

-eat healthier overall, lose about 30 pounds, gain back 20 pounds of muscle and tone-ness
-hike more, spend more time outdoors in general, journal, deep breathing exercises
-spend more quality time with my kids & my wife
-excel in school, be prepared for a tough fall schedule
-listen to more music   :D :D ;)
-stay in better contact with my "peeps"
-be healthy, energetic, spontaneous, and effective in life

so, not too much.....   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D

fitzcarraldo

Nice one Dave!  :)

Me : Keep off the ciggies. 3 weeks now. Breathing is better. 15 year smoker  :-[

aMD

nice one, rats.

you can do it, sean!  Three weeks!  Keep up the good work friend.

My main goal at this point is to find the energy to be the best teacher I could possibly be this upcoming school year. I want to make sure that I'm trying to improve myself s a teacher rather than just resting on what I already know "works".

I could also eat better and exercise more.  ::)

red

Cool thread Rats!

I actually just made this list a couple weeks ago...

- Stop swearing
- Learn another language (more than likely French)
- Volunteer some of my time, preferably with children
- Eat breakfast / healthier meals
- Exercise more
- Read more books / watch less movies and television
- Go to sleep earlier / wake up earlier
- Take a few classes this fall, a history or english possibly
- Get a passport
- Spend less time on the internet
- Meet and photograph myself with Craig Finn

ManNamedTruth

as stated in current joys, i've joined a gym and plan to get somewhat in shape. after that my next goal will be to try and get laid :D
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

my goal is rather than explaining to people what I am working on (ie, being to work 5 minutes early rather than 5 minutes late) to just practice my goals in silence.

dragonboy

I'm def a member of the 'need to lose weight' club but this evenings goal is for Iraq to win today's Asian Cup final! Come on boys!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6920557.stm
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

QuoteI'm def a member of the 'need to lose weight' club but this evenings goal is for Iraq to win today's Asian Cup final! Come on boys!!!

either they won or there are US marines hang gliding in the area

dragonboy

Quoteeither they won or there are US marines hang gliding in the area

;D

1-0!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

fitzcarraldo

QuoteI'm def a member of the 'need to lose weight' club but this evenings goal is for Iraq to win today's Asian Cup final! Come on boys!!!

either they won or there are US marines hang gliding in the area

;D

The DARK

Best news I've heard all year. Good to know that a sport like soccer can still bring people together, even in a country as divided as Iraq.

I'll say it: Culture can save the world.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face