New Rolling Stone issue cover

Started by rccola71, Aug 15, 2007, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

I bet all the teeny boppers love that one .....Didn't that use to be a real musid rag....FUCK >:( >:( Paste magazine rocks
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

aMD

umm... what was the cover? i don't read shitty corporate music magazines

corey

Paste does indeed rock. I recently got a subscription.

The DARK

Paste and Filter are the two best magazines out there. They actually give an honest reperesentation of the artists they interview. And they give out mixtapes!

As for the new RS cover...there's never a barf smiley when you need it.
In another time, in another place, in another face

aMD

this is my favorite rolling stone cover:

Or this one:

mjkoehler

megisnotreal

who is the dude on the cover?  :-?

should be this guy instead. you know, they say you can order any cover as a poster. this would be a sweet deal.

or perhaps this one, too:

i don't subscribe to rs anymore. i actually signed up to receive paste magazine at a jacket show (rites of spring). paste is pretty awesome.

ratsprayer

chris

Magnet and under the radar are two of my favorites.
yeah, so if it's sad, well you still gotta live till ya die

ratsprayer

under the radar is an amazing publication.  lots of reading, it always takes me a few weeks solid to get through an entire issue.  

fitzcarraldo

QuoteHere is the cover....ugh

Yeah bro, thanks to my neighbor checkin his mailbox - I had to see that bogus thing on my elevator ride home tonite.  ::) What is this world coming to?

fitzcarraldo

Quoteunder the radar is an amazing publication.  lots of reading, it always takes me a few weeks solid to get through an entire issue.  

10-4  :)

ycartrob

I had a subscription to Rolling Stone through the 80's, but stopped reading about 15 years ago b/c it lost its edge. However, here's a cover from 1972 of teen heart throb David Cassidy that's just as bad as old hootem toots on this weeks cover.

JacketGal

This....

So much better than this...I mean I love the guy but...

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

ManNamedTruth

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Harp yet?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

BH

I decided to try Fader after Jim was on the cover and I have enjoyed it, but it's a little too trendy for me.  I think I will go with PASTE next time.

I still think Rolling Stone is worth while for certain things but there's too much pop crap in it.

I cringed myself at the new cover.  Is it Rolling Stone or Teen Beat? However, if it was a half naked women on the cover, I think maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I'm just saying.   Can I get an amen ladies?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

meg, I luv the way you roll  ;)

megisnotreal

meg, I luv the way you roll  ;)

word. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

aMD

QuoteI'm surprised no one's mentioned Harp yet?

I'm pretty sure Jim has said this is his favorite music magazine.  I only picked it up once but I was impressed.

EIDT: it was mojo not paste

red

I read Paste monthly.  When I remember (and can afford to), I pick up Uncut and Mojo.