To Choke Or Not  To Choke

Started by rccola71, Oct 22, 2007, 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

damn Cleveland you make me fucking SICK!!!!!!! Now all of us will have to hear Red Sox nation talk shit for another year. After this mega melt down I hope you never win another title again...Just keep on fucking choking away because it's what you do best..Oh and by the way is it just coincidental that the biggest choker of all (Kenny "the goat"Lofton) rejoined that team of chokers just to see that they completed the job.Here's to you Kenny!!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ycartrob

QuoteOh and by the way is it just coincidental that the biggest choker of all (Kenny "the goat"Lofton) rejoined that team of chokers just to see that they completed the job.Here's to you Kenny!!

Lofton got held up by the base coach at 3rd last night, don't blame him for that.

Plus, Lofton was responsible for giving up 30 runs to the Red Sox over the last 3 games? It's not up to Lofton for the Indians to outscore the Red Sox into the double digits; that there would be the fault of the pitching staff.

You should be thanking Lofton for his performance against the Yankees (he hit .375 for Gods' sakes).

MMJ_fanatic

Here come the haters.  Boston is the classiest organization going and nobody can seem to stand it--not even Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.  Seemed like they did nothing but root for Cleveland, so much for impartial coverage
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TheBigChicken

QuoteOh and by the way is it just coincidental that the biggest choker of all (Kenny "the goat"Lofton) rejoined that team of chokers just to see that they completed the job.Here's to you Kenny!!

Lofton got held up by the base coach at 3rd last night, don't blame him for that.

Plus, Lofton was responsible for giving up 30 runs to the Red Sox over the last 3 games? It's not up to Lofton for the Indians to outscore the Red Sox into the double digits; that there would be the fault of the pitching staff.

You should be thanking Lofton for his performance against the Yankees (he hit .375 for Gods' sakes).

I know it just seems as soon as he hits the team it's the kiss of death.This is the guy that ALWAYS makes it to the post season but just can't get over the hump.I've followed him since the Astros it just seems a little ironic.

TheBigChicken

QuoteHere come the haters.  Boston is the classiest organization going and nobody can seem to stand it--not even Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.  Seemed like they did nothing but root for Cleveland, so much for impartial coverage
I guess you have never been to a Devil Rays game when the Sox are in town. Classy organization I can buy but the fan base(not all,so don't get offended)can use some work :-/

MMJ_fanatic

No doubt there are some obnoxious fans--I almost feel obligated to apologize for them.  There is also some historical bad blood between Tampa and Boston so that probably fires up the obnoxious ones.  I do feel the pain of the Devil Ray fan it would be nice to see them get into the post season once in awhile.

P.S.--I am fired up a bit today after reading Kriegel's piece on my Sox at FOXsports.com about how they're "catching all the breaks"--fucking a-hole.  I guess they make so much money they don't have to work at winning. ::) Typical never was
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TheBigChicken

QuoteNo doubt there are some obnoxious fans--I almost feel obligated to apologize for them.  There is also some historical bad blood between Tampa and Boston so that probably fires up the obnoxious ones.  I do feel the pain of the Devil Ray fan it would be nice to see them get into the post season once in awhile.

P.S.--I am fired up a bit today after reading Kriegel's piece on my Sox at FOXsports.com about how they're "catching all the breaks"--fucking a-hole.  I guess they make so much money they don't have to work at winning. ::) Typical never was
man when I saw your post I was like ok here we go..I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way.Me and my gal had a real bad experience at one game. You are one of the "good ones" Stimpy old boy ;D ;D  oh and as far as that dudes article he must be full o' shit cause you guys earned every bit...congrats!

.Walt

the one thing i don't like about the BoSox, is that the red sox are who they said they were never going to be. for years and years the boston fans bitched about yankee spending and calling them the evil empire. well boston...congrats you are also an evil empire, and i hope that you lose...badly. i hate boston as much as the yankees. maybe i'm jealous...ok i am. but listening to boston fans call up on sports talk radio just irritates me. boston fans hate the yankees. yankee fans hate the red sox. baseball fans hate them both.

oh and don't get me started on Mannys cocky arrogant ass. who the fuck does he think he is? pimping a homerun when you're losing. even when they're winning he pimps his homeruns way too much and for far too long. then he didn't hustle on his 390ft single. WOW that really pissed me off. also his comments about its not the end of world if they lose. sure its Manny being Manny.  wow that guy is a piece of work. great player no doubt.

one more thing...i'm getting sick of ESPN trying to trademark the red sox as "the nation". i will never refer to the red sox as "the nation" ever.

i don't wanna come off seeming that i think red sox suck. they have a great team, they have very passionate fans, and they defiantly earned their way to the world series. there's is no denying that. but i really hope the rockies win.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ycartrob

Quotethe one thing i don't like about the BoSox, is that the red sox are who they said they were never going to be. for years and years the boston fans bitched about yankee spending and calling them the evil empire. well boston...congrats you are also an evil empire

For me, this was all about the off season in 2003 when the sox went hard after A-Rod, willing to dump Manny and Nomar. That's the year my interest in MLB began to subside. I had been a somewhat of a sox fan after living in New England from 87-91, but to try to get rid of manny and nomar was part of the unravelling, the wanting to be like the "evil empire". And the irony is that the yanks get A-rod and the sox win the world series. So much is about luck and timing.

I am trying to remain interested in the world series, but it just isn't what it used to be. Most pro sports have lost their luster with me (except the NFL, but the chad johnson's and t.o.'s make me flip the channel (and we can all thank deion sanders for those 2)) and I point to the day Tom Landry (Landry, who led the cowboys to 20 consecutive winning seasons from 65-85) got fired from the Cowboys by jerry jones, a move that lacked class and respect. From then on, no one was safe and loyalty took a back seat to money. So typical that t.o., who shamed the cowboys star at midfield as a 49'er, is now "loyal" to the cowboys and their fans love him...it's all a game, and a show, and those guys are making millions.

this shit gets harder to watch every year. That's why college sports will always remain dear to my heart.