Main Menu

Joe Buck

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Oct 30, 2007, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Does anybody else here feel like they are getting their brains drilled when they have to listen to Joe Buck call a game?  I used to hate listeneing to Madden but Joe has dethroned John as my least favorite sportscaster.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

mjkoehler

I personally cannot stand him, I miss his dad. Most of the Cards games in in StL are on Fox Sport Midwest and the guys who normally call it are great (Dan McLaughlin and Al Yroboski (sp?)). I hate it when Joefills in for a game or 2. I actually hate Tim McCarver more the Joe though.

BH

I will have to disagree on this one.  He is one of my favorites.  I think he's funny and extremely well prepared.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Taterbug

I'm not a fan of Joe Buck or Joe Morgan, when they call chicago games they give no love.   I would almost rather listen to Tony Kornhieser.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

aMD

I used to like him a lot but things changed after that Randy Moss call a few years back.  Now I don't think I even like the way he calls.  I think he's better at calling baseball then football, anyway.

btw, i love all the sports fans on the board these days.  Joe Buck has his own thread and people are responding with more than just, "Who the hell is Joe Buck"

Jon T.

Who the hell is Randy Moss?

brkndwnbus

QuoteWho the hell is Randy Moss?

classic. lol

.Walt

QuoteI used to like him a lot but things changed after that Randy Moss call a few years back.  

he was over the top on that call.

can we all agree that Bob Costas  is the best in baseball.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jaimoe

Joe ain't no Jack Buck.

BH

QuoteJoe ain't no Jack Buck.

No one is, and no one will ever be.  IMO.  Jack was special.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pawpaw

Joe Buck is a pro, there's no doubt about that, but he gets pretty smarmy. He definitely doesn't pass the "I want to drink beer, watch a game and talk shop with him" test.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

aMD

QuoteJoe Buck is a pro, there's no doubt about that, but he gets pretty smarmy. He definitely doesn't pass the "I want to drink beer, watch a game and talk shop with him" test.

like father, like son on that one