Rich Rodriguez to Michigan

Started by ycartrob, Dec 17, 2007, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Bam Bam? Thoughts? Comments?

aMD

I already miss Lloyd Carr.  He was so good at getting beat by OSU.

TheBigChicken

My thoughts are don't crown Big Blue just yet....I thought Bama was going to be much better(and they will be)this past year. I'm sick of all these coaches being able to leave without being penalized.  :-/ The kids sure as hell just can't transfer without penalties >:(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Bam_Bam

Well we already know what a Ron Zook can do with a mobile quarterback against tOSU so i'm pretty sure we'll be alright. I've heard that Mallet played the spread in high school so i think it'll be pretty effective next year. I also read that he called terrelle pryor before he made the announcement and we are back on his list of possible colleges. If you haven't seen videos of him you should...he's like vince young but a can pass a lot better at his age. If we get him i could see him red shirting and splitting time with Mallet for his first two season which would be interesting. Man just thinking about mixing it up between a spread and a spread option...also Pryor could play wide receiver....ahh the possibilities are endless and exciting! needless to say i think that tOSU's dominance has come to an end. Or atleast this will rekindle the greatest rivalry in sports. Maybe we'll be back to the Bo-Woody days...one can only hope.

Also the even better news is that Debored is out and the strength and conditioning program that was from the stone age is gone. the previous program focused more on bulking up the players and making them more powerful which was fine when the 'run run run' idea was effective. now-a-days that's justnot acceptable. The new S&C program will apparently focus on more speed and explosiveness...time to trim those o-linemen down a bit.
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

Angry Ewok

Michigan should consider itself lucky that it didn't end up with Les Miles. Rich Rodriguez is going to make a difference out there, I think.

Ohio State might even have to weaken their OOC schedule some, now.

;D
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

;D

How do you weaken this?

Youngstown St.
Akron
Washington
Kent St.

aMD

;D

How do you weaken this?

Youngstown St.
Akron
Washington
Kent St.

I guess they could have played Northwestern State and Louisana Tech like Ole Miss did.

P.S. Before you go ape shit let me say that I'm not trying to say that OSU's OoC schedule is tougher than Ole Miss', I'm just pointing out that EVERYONE schedules cake OoC games.  And all of them don't turn out to be so cake (see Michigan-App St.)

P.P.S. I think the bigger bandwagon to jump on is the "hate on OSU" bandwagon. So you're an even bigger bandwagon fan than you claim me to be.  Go against the grain and root for the Bucks!  It's not like you graduated from or even worked at Michigan, so you're just a bandwagon hater!

realdeal

It's a blow to the Big East. WVU was always in contention for a national title or BCS appearance. Now I guess my Cards will have to pick up the slack so we don't lose our BCS affiliation.

Bam_Bam

I never really wanted Les Miles. IMO LSU is gonna start slipping in a few years...he just doesn't strike me as a great coach, rather just a fortunate guy who has some great athletes.

Angry Ewok

QuoteIMO LSU is gonna start slipping in a few years...

Well, duh... it's not like they can hold onto the #1 spot for years on end. Les Miles isn't out to build a dynasty, and he's out of his league in recruiting, anyway.

LSU fans will boot his ass out as soon as someone else is available. I just hope they don't get Steve Spurrier. The SEC West is hard enough.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

The DARK

;D

How do you weaken this?

Youngstown St.
Akron
Washington
Kent St.

Washington is just too overwhelming. Perhaps App State would be willing to step up?  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Bam_Bam

Next season will be a very interesting season for Michigan. Here's what I'm hoping for:

1. Mallett, Manningham and Arrington stay on for next season and Coach Rodriguez adjusts his offense to a more passing spread than spread option. If our recievers consisted of Manningham, Arrington, Matthews, and Carson Butler, it could be really impressive.

2 The schedule is pretty decent:

Aug. 30 UTAH
Sept. 6 MIAMI (OHIO)
Sept. 13 at Notre Dame
Sept. 27 WISCONSIN*
Oct. 4 ILLINOIS* (HC)
Oct. 11 TOLEDO
Oct. 18 at Penn State*
Oct. 25 MICHIGAN STATE*
Nov. 1 at Purdue*
Nov. 8 at Minnesota*
Nov. 15 NORTHWESTERN*
Nov. 22 at Ohio State*

A few tough away games. I think Notre Dame will be looking to prove something next year. If Mallett sticks around it will be the number one vs. number two high school quarterbacks from this seasons freshmen class. We have a pretty good advantage with Wisconsin and Illinois at home...especially with Illinois being the same day as homecoming...Illinois will be close and Wisconsin should be a really great game. I think if we can get past those two we will be in good shape. At PSU and at Purdue should be close and I could see us slipping at either one of those. Minnesota and Northwestern should be able to set us up well for the big one at tOSU. Maybe a BCS bid?

My prediction for next year's UM? 10-2, losses at Purdue and tOSU, but both very close. If we manage to be so good as to go 12-0 and everything just clicks from the start we could see a freakish offense next season. The offensive weapons we will have are going to be insane. Mallett, Manningham, Arrington, Butler, McGuffie in a spread? Sh*t that's pretty rediculous. And our backup RB's would are pretty damn good as well. Grady is a power runner and will have a good season i hope next year as long as he stays healthy. I haven't seen much of Carlos Brown but i've heard he plays quarterback as well, that could get really interesting. Minor is a good back too.

Now I don't see us actually going 12-0 because there are alot of challenges along the way. I'd be ecstatic with a 10-2 record in coach rodriguez's first season. If Mallett leaves (and we don't get Terrelle Pryor) I think we could have an 8-4 maybe 9-3 season. If Manningham and/or Arrington leave we could struggle a bit too (although if it's just Manningham that leaves I wouldn't be so upset...he needs to adjust his attitude towards the team. If both stick around that would be the best WR duo in the country...no competition.)

The only thing that really worries me is OL as they were shaky at best for most of the season. With Jake Long gone someone's gonna have to step up and fill in that gap. I think if they can get to the Purdue game with no losses they'll be in great shape. We also have a new S&C coach so the 'big uglies' might be a thing of the past.

Defensively we're gonna be young but as with the OL if we can get to Purdue without a loss we'll be in good shape.

man i can't wait to see what this time next year will be like.

GO BLUE