A Coin Flip....

Started by rccola71, Jan 18, 2008, 08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

My girl is cool with NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-/ I was the responsible one and had second thoughts... :-/....Said a coin flips in order...Heads we head and tails we stay...First flip hit the floor and I didn't look ...didn't count....second flip landed directly in hand...slowly opening.......HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  See you guys in NYC....are we gonna wear name tags or meet somewhere....damn I know it's early :)  Bbill are you gonna actually make it ? If so, a pint or two of Anchor Steam is on me :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bowl of soup

Keep me posted on your travel plans - miracles happen and somebody's gotta win the lottery, right?  A drunken train from Tampa to NYC holds some magical alure for me.  We've had luck in the past staying at the Embassy Suites by the Trade Center.  We bid about $100 a night a couple of years ago on priceline and got this place - it's really nice.  The rooms are all suites and bigger than most NYC apartments - could easily sleep more than a handfull.

Just checked on-line and they're looking for $300 a night right now, but better prices can be had with some work and I get special offers from them all of the time.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

TheBigChicken

are you gonna try and go ? 3 or 4 of us are going and more the merrier. ...we have thought about flying...if you think you might go then shoot me a PM :)

pawpaw

QuoteMy girl is cool with NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-/ I was the responsible one and had second thoughts... :-/....Said a coin flips in order...Heads we head and tails we stay...First flip hit the floor and I didn't look ...didn't count....second flip landed directly in hand...slowly opening.......HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  See you guys in NYC....are we gonna wear name tags or meet somewhere....damn I know it's early :)  Bbill are you gonna actually make it ? If so, a pint or two of Anchor Steam is on me :)

"Call it, friend-o..."

Congrats on the coin toss! We're heading out for sure, looking at taking off on Thursday, getting there that night. Still need to book flight and hotel, but will try to take care of that this weekend. I'll definitely take you up on those Anchor Steams!

Once we get closer to the big night, we should coordinate a bar to all meet up at before the show. I don't think that Midtown's necessarily known for cheap, friendly bars, but I don't claim to be an NYC authority either. Alls you locals, start thinking of a cool place to meet up before the show!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

TheBigChicken

QuoteMy girl is cool with NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-/ I was the responsible one and had second thoughts... :-/....Said a coin flips in order...Heads we head and tails we stay...First flip hit the floor and I didn't look ...didn't count....second flip landed directly in hand...slowly opening.......HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  See you guys in NYC....are we gonna wear name tags or meet somewhere....damn I know it's early :)  Bbill are you gonna actually make it ? If so, a pint or two of Anchor Steam is on me :)

"Call it, friend-o..."

Congrats on the coin toss! We're heading out for sure, looking at taking off on Thursday, getting there that night. Still need to book flight and hotel, but will try to take care of that this weekend. I'll definitely take you up on those Anchor Steams!

Once we get closer to the big night, we should coordinate a bar to all meet up at before the show. I don't think that Midtown's necessarily known for cheap, friendly bars, but I don't claim to be an NYC authority either. Alls you locals, start thinking of a cool place to meet up before the show!
You bet bbill...I have friends that grew up there,but the people on the board will have good ideas. As soon as we figure out where were all staying we can do a hotel thread. It would be nice to meet all you guys..I met a few of you at the 40 Watt shows

bowl of soup

Quoteare you gonna try and go ? 3 or 4 of us are going and more the merrier. ...we have thought about flying...if you think you might go then shoot me a PM :)

Ahhh, dreams.  I'm now an extreme long-shot.  We have a wedding in Buffalo of all places at the end of May.  Two NY trips in a month are a hard sell.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.