The NFL Thread - 2007-08 style!!!

Started by aMD, Aug 12, 2007, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteNice post game insight from Jags Reggie Nelson on Tom Brady not being real good

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aln6tKK99fgubQHqUlENiMM5nYcB?slug=dw-patsjags011208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Yaeh and that jackass gets to sit the rest of the post season out.  What a dope.  Bye bye Jacksonville and more important:

[size=72]BYE BYE COLTS!  ENJOY MAKING MORE COMMERCIALS PEYTON![/size]
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TEO

Oh well.......The Chargers played a great game and deserve the win. There is always next year!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ycartrob

Really happy for Eli and hopefully Tiki Barber had a good seat to watch that game as the G-Men go to the NFC Championship game. Eli vs. Favre in Lambeau. The forecast for Green Bay a week out is sunny with a high of 7.

As for Romo, I guess he just can't win the big one...

ManNamedTruth

I have to say i'm surprised with how the playoffs have shaped up. How do the Chargers keep beating the Colts? Especially with the injuries they have. Phillip Rivers is starting to become the next Ryan Leaf, whats his deal?
With Steelers out I'm rooting for the Packers, and anyone playing the Patriots.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

OK, as many coaches and QB's that TO has thrown under the bus, and now he is crying (literally) for everyone to treat Romo with respect; that it's now a "team" sport? Do I detect a little man crush by TO?  ::)

ManNamedTruth

QuoteOK, as many coaches and QB's that TO has thrown under the bus, and now he is crying (literally) for everyone to treat Romo with respect; that it's now a "team" sport? Do I detect a little man crush by TO?  ::)

that was the worst acting ever. come on, he was wearing sunglasses!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bethofftherecord

QuoteI have to say i'm surprised with how the playoffs have shaped up. How do the Chargers keep beating the Colts? Especially with the injuries they have. Phillip Rivers is starting to become the next Ryan Leaf, whats his deal?
With Steelers out I'm rooting for the Packers, and anyone playing the Patriots.

GO PACKERS!!!  I actually got to watch the game at home with a beer on Saturday!  I have to work ever sunday so I was SOOO HAPPY to see that game!  I only live about 2 hours from green bay and we didn't have any snow and it was kinda weird.

Next week I will be on vacation in FLORIDA watching the Packers win over the Giants at Lambeau.  nice.

nothing can be changed except ourselves

Hawkeye

Quoteyou know, between Merriman's sack dance (which isn't taunting?) and Rivers' baby faced trash talk, the Chargers aren't one of my favorite teams in the NFL.

How about Sanders just taunting their kicker? GO COLTS!!!

yeah, that was weird. The announcers said those 2 went to college together, so maybe it was a"fun" taunt or perhaps some old bad blood. Either way, dumb move.
Just play football.

Yeah they played at Iowa together...Orange Bowl 2003 baby!  I was there!  We ran back the opening kick but the rest of the game sucked.  I did meet 3 NFL players there though, one from my hometown.  Yeah I'm living in the past...but it was definitely a "fun" taunt, not bad blood, but still not smart.  There's probably not a whole lot of Cowboys fans here, but did anyone else think it was kinda bullshit with all the time run off in the last 1:30 of the game?  Between the fumble dispute and the Giants player being injured it cost them at least 30-45 seconds which was huge I thought.  They didn't deserve to win though with all the mistakes they made.  Too many dropped balls and stupid penalties.
We could.

aMD

Does anyone think the bolts can even give the pats a game?  I'm going to watch the game for historical purposes and to watch the Pats in awe once again but I don't expect it to be a game.  I hope I'm wrong.

The NFC game should be fun though.  Cold, snowy conditions.  The old man against little brother. I've eaten my words on Favre this season and I'm ready to admit that, but he really does have a great defense and the emergence of ryan grant and those young receivers have had a lot to do with the turn around in Green Bay.  I think Green Bay actually has a better chance of beating the Pats because their corners are so good, they MAY be able to cover NE's receivers one on one.  But I still don't think there's a man alive who can cover Randy Moss one on one.  And the pack still has to get past the giants whose D-line is out of this world.

Anyway, feeling verbose this morning, just a few impressions.

corey

The Chargers might would have a chance if Rivers was going to start, but they said yesterday that he was doubtful. They gave the Colts a good game and part of that was done without him, but I just don't see them pulling the whole game off without him.

sweatboard

Everything points to a blowout so it will most likely be a nail biter.  I like all three of SD's running backs though.  If they can make a couple of plays in the special teams it could be a game.
There's Still Time.........

primushead

It's going to be COLD for all teams today.

0 degree (with wind chill) for foxboro.

-12-ish for Green Bay.

Ouch.

pawpaw

Uggghhh!!!! Before realizing what I'd done, a few weeks ago I volunteered to help some friends move this afternoon, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to see much of the Chargers/Pats game.

The Chargers have carried a LOT of momentum into this game, but without a healthy, contributing Rivers, I really don't think they have a chance. Their pass defense is average at best; I see Brady picking them apart all day long, one six-yard pass after another. I'm an AFC West guy, and I'd love to see the Chargers get the upset, but I think that their run is over for the season.

Well, I'm going to try and soak up some pre-game stuff before I have to go.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

corey

Maybe I should stop watching this game. I just got in from Cloverfield and Rivers has thrown 2 interceptions in the last 2 possessions. It was 7-6 when I came in. Shit, maybe I'm cursing it.

ycartrob

Really happy for Eli and all the Mannings. What a great feeling for Archie having his sons play in back to back Super Bowls! Hopefully Tiki Barber has a good seat at the game.

joey_rogo

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGMEN :D

corey

Some good stuff here... especially if you were rooting for the Cowboys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8