The NFL Thread - 2007-08 style!!!

Started by aMD, Aug 12, 2007, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

Quoteit's the preseason!!!  Let's not forget what happened the last time these teams meet in the regular season, less than a year ago.  carson palmer diced up you're stellar defense.

Saints turned the ball over 4 times, it had very little to do with Carson Palmer. The Saints had a bad game on their way to the NFC championship game, no biggie. The Bungles took advantage of the Saints miscues, on their way to 8-8 (which was great, considering they were really more like a 7-9 or 6-10 team) and a nice comfortable seat on the couch with a perfect view of all the rounds of the NFL playoffs. But just for fun, let's check out Brees' stats from last year's Bungles game:

D. Brees  37/52 510yards  (595 total yards and 29 first downs!!  lol  :D  )
C. Palmer?  14/22 275 yards  ( 385 total yards and 15 first downs)

Who's defense got dice up? Wow! Nearly 600 yards in total offense. Now, if that had been against a good defense, then that would really be something...

but who won the game? the bengals have a bend don't break defense that doesn't look good on paper but wins games, like in the case of the saints game last year.  Look at it the other way.  your offense produces nearly 600 yeards in offense and can't produce a W? sorry, tracy, you really can't talk shit win you lose.

ycartrob

Quoteit's the preseason!!!  Let's not forget what happened the last time these teams meet in the regular season, less than a year ago.  carson palmer diced up you're stellar defense.

Saints turned the ball over 4 times, it had very little to do with Carson Palmer. The Saints had a bad game on their way to the NFC championship game, no biggie. The Bungles took advantage of the Saints miscues, on their way to 8-8 (which was great, considering they were really more like a 7-9 or 6-10 team) and a nice comfortable seat on the couch with a perfect view of all the rounds of the NFL playoffs. But just for fun, let's check out Brees' stats from last year's Bungles game:

D. Brees  37/52 510yards  (595 total yards and 29 first downs!!  lol  :D  )
C. Palmer?  14/22 275 yards  ( 385 total yards and 15 first downs)

Who's defense got dice up? Wow! Nearly 600 yards in total offense. Now, if that had been against a good defense, then that would really be something...

but who won the game? the bengals have a bend don't break defense that doesn't look good on paper but wins games, like in the case of the saints game last year.  Look at it the other way.  your offense produces nearly 600 yeards in offense and can't produce a W? sorry, tracy, you really can't talk shit win you lose.

Not talking shit at all, the Saints had a bad game (anyone who knows anything about football knows the better team lost). Once a season a team can lose b/c of turnovers, all the while manhandling the other team. It's why they play 16 games, the cream rises to the top and the pretemders stay home. I'd say the fan who is talking smack about beating a team who was 1 win away from going to the Super Bowl while their team didn't make the playoffs is the one talking shit. Talking smack about winning a regular season game against a better team, when your team doesn't make the playoffs, is loser talk. You should be proud of the 8-8 Bungles; proud that they could pull off an upset of a better team.

Too bad the NFL doesn't have a 1 game season, huh?

knotcameloose

Quotecincy's problem is NOT wide receivers.

It is clearly the police.

ManNamedTruth

Quotecincy's problem is NOT wide receivers.

It is clearly the police.
;D
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

knotcameloose

Giants had Sam Madison, Will Demps and Steve Smith all go down with injuries against the Ravens....not what we needed.

aMD

haha. yeah, the bengals haven't had an arrest as a team in over a year.  and odell thurman is getting the shaft from the league because they don't want to reinstate him during the whole michael vick fiasco.  He was suspended for a year, did nothing but the right things during that time and the league denies his reinstatement?  now THAT'S criminal.

btw, i guess you all heard vick's going to plead guilty.  i hope he gets over a year in the clink!  atlanta should have a hell of a year. i kind of feel bad for patrino (their new coach), but he needed a new QB anyway, this may just give him an excuse for having a "rebuilding" year.

ManNamedTruth

Going to the Steelers vs. Eagles game this sunday. I've never been to a Steeler game so it should be fun, wish it wasn't preseason though.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMD

the Bengals have Atlanta on Monday Night this week. It should be a real dog fight.     :-X

primushead

All I've gotta say is that the Panthers better pick it up in the regular season.  

I hate the Patriots. >:(

knotcameloose

The Bengals are playing the Falcons right now on ESPN.

I liked this better the first time when it was called The Longest Yard.

corey

QuoteI liked this better the first time when it was called The Longest Yard.

Ouch. I forgot about this game. I guess it's almost over by now.

There's a slight chance that I'm going to the Titans/Colts game in a few weeks. If so, it'll be my first NFL game. Should be fun.

ycartrob

55 more hours until the Saints vs Colts...

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ratsprayer

QuoteC-O-L-T-S!

i like the way you think.   :D

TEO

Man are you up early today! And I like the way you think as well. Thursday night all eyes will be on Indy, they are expecting a crowd of 100,000 on the Circle downtown for the free concert. I think I will just sit on my fat lazy ass and enjoy all the festivities from the comfort of my easy chair.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMD

QuoteMan are you up early today! And I like the way you think as well. Thursday night all eyes will be on Indy, they are expecting a crowd of 100,000 on the Circle downtown for the free concert. I think I will just sit on my fat lazy ass and enjoy all the festivities from the comfort of my easy chair.

i hope you have the nfl network because i don't think we can get it on "regular" TV.

That shit pisses me off.  One of these years I'll bite the bullet and order the damn dish network!

corey

I've got it on my DirecTV package. That shit is awesome!

.Walt

QuoteMan are you up early today! And I like the way you think as well. Thursday night all eyes will be on Indy, they are expecting a crowd of 100,000 on the Circle downtown for the free concert. I think I will just sit on my fat lazy ass and enjoy all the festivities from the comfort of my easy chair.

i hope you have the nfl network because i don't think we can get it on "regular" TV.

That shit pisses me off.  One of these years I'll bite the bullet and order the damn dish network!

i think what will happen in the future, is that nfl network will be on standard cable. they have these thursday night games, just too piss people off. the people complain to their cable providers to get the nfl network. once the nfl network gets picked up by the cable provider, they make a shit ton of money. its really smart of the nfl network to do this, but for now it sucks for the fans.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ratsprayer