Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Quotethe game is on NBC here.  

yeah its on nbc here too.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

Quotethe game is on NBC here.  

yeah its on nbc here too.

oh sweet!  It's on NBC here too!  I thought thursday night meant NFL Network, who knows what the NFL has up it's sleeve?

ratsprayer

i'm predicting:

colts 34
saints 24

i.  can't.  fucking.  wait.

ManNamedTruth

If Steelers are playing an NFL Network game its still shown on a locally broadcast network, usually CBS. I don't know if its different for other teams?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TEO

Peyton Manning has contributed a large sum of $ to a local children's hospital and it will be renamed after him. He is receiving no money for the use of his name. Talk about PeyBack!   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ratsprayer

QuotePeyton Manning has contributed a large sum of $ to a local children's hospital and it will be renamed after him. He is receiving no money for the use of his name. Talk about PeyBack!   :)

is that riley's hospital?

corey

TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

!

!!!

red

[size=48]PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS!!![/size]

I have to remember to buy a Sport Select tonight, best thing ever.

TEO

QuotePeyton Manning has contributed a large sum of $ to a local children's hospital and it will be renamed after him. He is receiving no money for the use of his name. Talk about PeyBack!   :)

is that riley's hospital?

No, one of the St. Vincent hospitals.

knotcameloose

Game tonight should be on national NBC, not NFL....
Here we go.

;D

Peyton's gonna light em up.

Go Giants!
:-/

knotcameloose

Simmons' post on ESPN today about sleepers was interesting...

Texans, Raiders could have big years out of nowhere.
He's not jumping on the Niners or Lions bandwagons.

But, the Ewing-Theory testing in Atlanta should be something else.  They have good RBs, decent defense, Harrington in a dome, fairly easy schedule...could be a big year for the ATL.

We will see.

TEO

Excellent local news coverage of the concert on the Circle. Hinder just left the stage and Clarkson is up next. So far the best outfit they have shown is a lady dressed up like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz Colts style holding a sign that reads "There is no place like Dome." Complete with basket and stuffed Toto that she has already cleared through security to get in.  Thank God the Colts are getting some crazies, it seems like for so many years it was just a bunch of blue haired old ladies clutching pom-poms. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but give me some variety would ya'.  

ycartrob

aMD

QuoteNew Orleans- 32
Baltimore- 27

when do they play baltimore?  unfortunately for you, they're playing indy tonight.  

my prediction
Colts 38
Saints 24

aMD

QuoteSimmons' post on ESPN today about sleepers was interesting...

Texans, Raiders could have big years out of nowhere.
He's not jumping on the Niners or Lions bandwagons.

But, the Ewing-Theory testing in Atlanta should be something else.  They have good RBs, decent defense, Harrington in a dome, fairly easy schedule...could be a big year for the ATL.

We will see.

Yeah, I think that the Texans will upset the Chiefs in week one.  I hoped on the Detroit bandwagon the last two years and I think I've finally learned my lesson: Detroit will always suck!

red

ycartrob

QuoteNew Orleans- 32
Baltimore- 27
when do they play baltimore?  unfortunately for you, they're playing indy tonight.  

some of you youngsters may not remember, but the Colts used to play in Baltimore (they actually moved out of Baltimore to Indy in the middle of the night in 84), and thus a pure form of trash talking is to refer to Indy as Baltimore (the same as calling the Tennessee Titans the Oilers, the Arizona Cardinals as St. Louis, the St. Louis Rams as Los Angeles, the Ravens are the Browns...).

ratsprayer

knotcameloose

QuoteNew Orleans- 32
Baltimore- 27

some of you youngsters may not remember, but the Colts used to play in Baltimore (they actually moved out of Baltimore to Indy in the middle of the night in 84), and thus a pure form of trash talking is to refer to Indy as Baltimore (the same as calling the Tennessee Titans the Oilers, the Arizona Cardinals as St. Louis, the St. Louis Rams as Los Angeles, the Ravens are the Browns...).

You can also do this in baseball, the New York Giants, Brooklyn Dodgers, Milwaukee Braves, or the California Angels of America, for example.

;D