Super Bowl XLII

Started by ycartrob, Jan 31, 2008, 07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Eli steps up (cry Walter cry!  ;D) and The Mannings win again. Losers hate champions!

Let the hate continue!

ManNamedTruth

Congrats to the New York Football Giants! I haven't been that excited for any team other than my Steelers. I knew Coughlin made the right move by playing his starters in week 17. Look at teams who've rested players or just didn't play well late in the season-Colts several times throughout the years, Cowboys this year etc..... I never liked that philosophy. So sick of hearing Patriots being compared to other Super Bowl dynasties also. Steelers still number one!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

thatswhatshesaid

Man thats great! nothing i love more than seeing the pats lose. one word new england: KARMA! it bites, doesnt it?

kyjed48

I like seeing the Patriots lose, but I love seeing the Giants win even more! :)
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

.Walt

as a little brother that never out did his older bro, i have to say, i'm really glad eli won. i know i hate on eli, but you know what, he did it for us little brothers out there. i just wish the pats would have won, but it isn't that bad.  congrats to eli and the giants. superbowl camps.

next year mo foes
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

There IS a God!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Penny Lane

QuoteCan't wait to read the Bill Simmons article on espn.com tomorrow or Tuesday.  Anyone else read Simmons?  They also call him "the sports guy."  He used to write for Jimmy Kimmel. If you're a sports fan you should be reading.  Tomorrow will be classic.  He's a die-hard Boston fan and has been ripping on Eli for most of the season.

i'm a huge fan of the sports guy and the sports gal----i love him except for his undying love for boston teams-------i can't wait!!  i loved his article last week describing tom coughlin's face turning colors in the packers game. he's hilarious...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

QuoteCan't wait to read the Bill Simmons article on espn.com tomorrow or Tuesday.  Anyone else read Simmons?  They also call him "the sports guy."  He used to write for Jimmy Kimmel. If you're a sports fan you should be reading.  Tomorrow will be classic.  He's a die-hard Boston fan and has been ripping on Eli for most of the season.

i'm a huge fan of the sports guy and the sports gal----i love him except for his undying love for boston teams-------i can't wait!!  i loved his article last week describing tom coughlin's face turning colors in the packers game. he's hilarious...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080204

corey

Wow. Congrats to the Giants.
I've never liked the Mannings, but you can't deny that Peyton is one helluva player and a nice guy at that. I'm pretty sure my dislike for him stems from the fact that he played at Tennessee.
I've always though Eli sucked, especially the first 3/4 of this year... but man, did he step up or what?
I was pulling for them, even though I had no stake in this game other than the fact that I can't really stand the Pats. It's kinda hard to watch a game like that, but I did it anyway... and slowly, it looked plausible that the Giants would pull one out.
I damn near shit myself when they scored with 35 seconds left.

Penny Lane

QuoteWow. Congrats to the Giants.
I've never liked the Mannings, but you can't deny that Peyton is one helluva player and a nice guy at that. I'm pretty sure my dislike for him stems from the fact that he played at Tennessee.
I've always though Eli sucked, especially the first 3/4 of this year... but man, did he step up or what?
I was pulling for them, even though I had no stake in this game other than the fact that I can't really stand the Pats. It's kinda hard to watch a game like that, but I did it anyway... and slowly, it looked plausible that the Giants would pull one out.
I damn near shit myself when they scored with 35 seconds left.

as far as peyton, he seems like a super guy, but the weirdest thing--my friend directed a commercial w/him and said he was the biggest prick/prima donna he'd ever worked with..insane. (who knows though-one guy's opinion)

eli lives a few blocks from me and he's a super nice guy. he and his gfriend go to brunch every week at the same place, very down to earth

joey_rogo

ive been a gmen fan all my life. that was the most epic sports night of my life. im so happy for the gmen and im so happy for my father who got to watch them win. i will never forget it. best night ever.

Penny Lane

Quoteive been a gmen fan all my life. that was the most epic sports night of my life. im so happy for the gmen and im so happy for my father who got to watch them win. i will never forget it. best night ever.

are you gonna get to the parade! they are already lined up down there--!! congrats.

ManNamedTruth

Quoteplease don't think i care a-t a-l-l about this
it's just funny that hardly anybody really wants boston to win... is it bitter feelings?

eh, i guess i HAVE to defend my city... right?
whatever, i don't understand it anyway.

i think the reason people hate the patriots is because of Bellichick (thats why i do). He's so arrogant and he's a cheater. He displayed such bad sportsmanship after losing the super bowl.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

whothrewthecake

wait wait, so you're telling me the dallas texans didn't win??!?: Ls;iw4u5lskdjfg

The DARK

Quotewait wait, so you're telling me the dallas texans didn't win??!?: Ls;iw4u5lskdjfg

Houston Texans, but whatever.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Dorothy_Mantooth

Quotewait wait, so you're telling me the dallas texans didn't win??!?: Ls;iw4u5lskdjfg

i thought we talked about this and agreed that the Houston Oilers won!!?!?! I mean it was so obvi.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

ycartrob

i thought we talked about this and agreed that the Houston Oilers won!!?!?! I mean it was so obvi.

no, no , no! Now ladies, it's all fine and dandy to make fun of the new MMJ album title, but this here thread is about football, and, well, we just don't joke about football.

carry that weak shit on somewheres else

fitzcarraldo

Yeah, that Warren Moon td pass in the last minute.  :o

that NE coach guy has issues.   :-/

Dorothy_Mantooth

Quotecarry that weak shit on somewheres else

i would heed this warning if the super bowl were still going on.

and i wouldn't dare assume that we have no respect for football...
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

Hammock

As a Pats season ticket holder I am less upset about losing the game (the Giants outplayed them) than I am with the fact that this is going to be Sporting News foder for the rest of my freakin life (the perfect season that almost was!)...can anyone say Bill Buckner!?!?!?  >:(