Curb Your Enthusiasm vs. Seinfeld??

Started by seamus, Oct 01, 2007, 08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

I posted about it in the movie thread and got no response so I returned the favor  ;)

But I'm obviously looking forward to it as I am a big fan of Woody Allen, scarlettt johanson, and lesbian sex.  :D

red

QuoteBut I'm obviously looking forward to it as I am a big fan of Woody Allen, scarlettt johanson, and lesbian sex.  :D
I whole-heartedly endorse this statement.  

primushead

A lesbian sex scene with Scarlett and Penelope would be boner.  TOTALLY boner.

sweatboard

Yeah, I think we just uncovered the first track off of "Thrusting In Your Face"...

1. Totally Boner
There's Still Time.........

dragonboy

I just got Season 6 of Curb & I'm in the process of watching that & Season 9 of Seinfeld.

Curb is a great show but there really is NO comparison. Take the last episode of Curb that I watched - Marty Funkhouser's Mum dies & Larry steals the flowers; sure it's funny but it's all been done on the same show many times before...Larry screws up, Cheryl gets pissed, Jeff's wife throws a handful of expletives at Larry, Larry tries to make things right but ends up making things worse.
Compare that to the last Seinfeld I watched - the Merv Griffin Show & the 2 shows really shouldn't be discussed in the same sentence together.

Don't get me wrong, I love Curb & Larry is funnier than Jerry if you're going to make direct comparisons but Larry is Curb & that's about it. Sure, Jeff is likeable enough but he's no George, Richard Lewis is funny but he's no Kramer, Susie Green is funny but she's a one trick pony...& that's about it for Curb. With Seinfeld you've still got Elaine (my least fav of the four but she still has some classic moments...like dancing @ the work party!) George's parents (Frank Costanza...c'mon!!!) Newman, David Puddy, J. Peterman & Jackie Chiles etc etc etc
With Seinfeld you're only minutes, if not seconds, away from the next laugh out loud joke, the same just can't be said for Curb.

I must have watched every episode of Seinfeld at least 3 times or more. When I'm done with Season 9 I'll get straight back to Season 1 & start again. With Curb, as much as I love Larry, I'll take a break.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

I agree with everything you say db, however I actually find myself enjoying Curb even more the second time I watch it.  

Do you guys remember the episode when Larry wanted to get the wire removed from his back yard, but needed the approval of his neighbor, so he told him he would set up a meeting between him and Julia Louise Dreyfus.  Classic.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.