Best thing that's ever happened

Started by bowl_of_soup, Feb 21, 2008, 03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

So I've had that Band of Horses song (No One's Gonna Love You....) stuck in my head for some time now (until you people knocked it our with Helmet's Unsung) and I've been singing it over and over to my daughters.  They're 4 and 2 and think that its really funny.

They usually charge into my room around 6:30 and wake me up - my wife is gone by then.  Today I was sleeping and I hear this little voice in my ear softly singing, "No one's gonna love you more than I do, I dooooooo..." over and over.  My 4 year old's first thought of the day was to come sing in my ear.

It is impossible to wake up any better than that.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

.Walt

that's cool! if i had kids, i'd be yelling at them to be more like your kids.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

SMc55

What a great story - that's a memory you'll keep forever.

aMD

bowl of soup

Quoteso THATS why people have kids.

That's it.  It makes you young again too.  On Valentine's day my 2 year old told me she had a secret (they're into secrets for some reason) to tell me and whispered, "I might take this back, but will you be my Valentime?"  Kids rule.

aMD

That's awesome.  my thing is, i have 24 kids at school, I just don't feel the need to have some at home too. those are great stories though.

mjkoehler

That's it.  It makes you young again too.  On Valentine's day my 2 year old told me she had a secret (they're into secrets for some reason) to tell me and whispered, "I might take this back, but will you be my Valentime?"  Kids rule.
I thought it was so you had someone to do yard work and stuff when you didn't feel like it.  :-/

BH

QuoteThat's awesome.  my thing is, i have 24 kids at school, I just don't feel the need to have some at home too. those are great stories though.

It would be totaly different if they were your own.  I know everybody says that, and it's hard to explain, but it would.  That story from soup is a perfect example.  One tiny moment can make up for thousands of the little tough things.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Great story! I can't imagine what my life would be like without my son.  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

QuoteThat's awesome.  my thing is, i have 24 kids at school, I just don't feel the need to have some at home too. those are great stories though.

Your dedication to your students is exemplary.

TheBigChicken

I thought it was so you had someone to do yard work and stuff when you didn't feel like it.  :-/
Damn,you read MY dad's mind :-?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

Damn,you read MY dad's mind :-?
That's what I learned from my dad.

Jon T.

That's awesome Bowl.  I have a 10 month old son.  He is just starting to say a few words like Dada.  But he'll say it whenever not just to me.  The other day I picked him up from his daycare.  When he saw me he stood up on his knees and raised his hands to the sky and said "daddy".  Plain as day. That is my favorite part of every day- going into the nursery to pick him and see his reaction.

bowl of soup

I'm not even close to the same person that I was before I had kids.

megalicious

i can't wait to have a family of my own. kids are great.

one of the last times i was with my three-year-old nephew, he said, "i know you and mommy is sisters because you both are so pretty!" i taught him to say "roll tide," too, and that was pretty boss.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Jon T.

Quotei can't wait to have a family of my own. kids are great.

one of the last times i was with my three-year-old nephew, he said, "i know you and mommy is sisters because you both are so pretty!" i taught him to say "roll tide," too, and that was pretty boss.

Well if you want him to learn how to spell Roll Tide you better hope he goes elsewhere.   ;D

Is it September yet   :'(

vespachick

Ha Ha, I just got it.  (Track 1).  That's some crafty-funny business.  Welcome back!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

megalicious

Ha Ha, I just got it.  (Track 1).  That's some crafty-funny business.  Welcome back!

YES. Props for getting my joke.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

TEO

QuoteI'm not even close to the same person that I was before I had kids.

awesome quote.

Kimbos_Evil_Bread

I didn't have the best parenting model and that's always made me nervous about being a Dad but my brother's kid is almost four now and he's broken the mold with my nephew.  It gives me hope to see that the old saying 'we become our parents' isn't always true.  
[url="http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/"]http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert"]http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert[/url]