flying or driving to bonnaroo?

Started by thepennylaneNYC, Feb 28, 2008, 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

just talked to my friend today (coming from san diego) and she suggested we meet in nashville and rent a car/buying camping equip there--has anyone ever done this? would you recommend it to driving (from NJ)? i don't mind the driving but this way we could both miss 1 or 2 days less work. i don't know if it's a hassle to get all that equipment or if this is something every other person does and we might have a problem getting the car, etc? i could appreciate any feedback.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

easy jim

if you planning on camping, the only issue would be getting all your gear down.  We usually build a car/tent/tarp megacomplex to relax in during the down time.  It works pretty good for us.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

Penny Lane

yeah i normally do that, too. my friend's thinking was that we'd buy everything we need there, which i guess is doable--i just prefer the driving---plus i have a new tent at my folks in ohio that i wanted to pick up. eh...we'll see. thanks.

easy jim

So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

LEATHER KID

Quoteif you planning on camping, the only issue would be getting all your gear down.  We usually build a car/tent/tarp megacomplex to relax in during the down time.  It works pretty good for us.
i WOULDN'T WANT TO DO IT ANY OTHER WAY.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Penny Lane

Quotehow long is that drive anyway?

the drive from NJ is a day and 4 hours or so---the drive from nashville is an hour (not sure which you meant) i've done the drive from NY/NJ twice and both times took about 16/18 hours door to festival.